Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

first time down the track in my new truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OUT2WIN
I will ask what AP2002 asked, what are your launching techniques? There is a RCSB hemi my buddy has and it has a CAI, Borla exhaust, and he pulled some TQ management wire and is barely running 14.7s.

Doesnt the Daytona come with the 275/55/20? If so that is 31.9"

it's not just knowing how to launch these trucks it's also knowing little tricks to help out......you do want to launch hard with 0 spin you also want to run when the motor is cold and air conditions are prime with a sticky track....i also will kill the motor just before i stage this helps give more fuel and timing for better performance with these trucks.....i also run with no filter and 60 pounds of air in the front tires and a few other little tricks......i also have a programmer and a custom fully functional ram-air kit that delivers tons of cold air

my truck has 275/60/20 tires that = 33inch

Old 12-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Launching!

sorry guys no nitrous on my truck but i do have it on my dragbike that runs 8s at over 160mph in the 1/4 mile heres me at the track having fun on my nitrous Busa.......

Old 12-21-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

Just for another point of view... Tim's killing the motor trick does not work for my truck, neither does the letting cool completely down... Now I have only run this truck and do not have the benifit of mulitple Hemis to check things out on, My fastest times come from just a few people at the track ( not so many dragging water thru the waterbox into the main track ) Hotlapping it thru the lanes, pull into the burnout area avoiding the water and just a very short dry hop to clear the tires, ( on my truck if I powerbrake it and do a good burnout I cannot get the 60 below a 2.0 due to the PCM pulling timing ). pull up to the lights and stage leaving the engine at idle, again if I bring up the rpm against the brake it will kill my 60', stage as shallow as possible and go WOT on last yellow. Seems like all of the Hemis have thier own personality but that is what has worked for me.... I have pulled 2.01 60's on my street Nitto 450s by leaving the line at idle with a slow feather.
the only mods I have on my truck that are not in my sig are: Battery in bed, sway bar disconnected but not removed, drag shocks on the front end, spring clamps.

It does not take N2O to get a Hemi in the 13's

TJ
Old 12-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Launching!

MrDestinE........they might think your running nitrous for your 13 second run, we know it doesn't take nitrous to get into the 13s
Old 12-21-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

Thats interesting that timing is pulled if you stall the converter up, how'd you figure that out? I've always wondered what the best way to launch was, I'm never sure cuz there are no tracks anywhere near me and I have lots of launching options (3000 stall and 4wheel drive)
Old 12-22-2005, 01:34 AM
13 Second Truck Club

My truck would pull timing too if I stalled it up too high, I check it...or shall I say "we" (v8 and I ) checked it once in the pits when I had the stock stall and we determined then that the best launch was at about 8-900 RPM's. Any higher and she would start to pull timing. This was w/ a programmer set on diagnostics and watching the real time data...Haven't checked lately though...
Old 12-22-2005, 07:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by h777
theres a few guys over at dtw running 13s n/a with simple mods also ..........hell my older 03 longbed that weighed more ran quicker with cheap mods in the 1/4 mile n/a 13.71 at 99mph with a 2.00 60ft time...... these truck dont need nitrous to run 13s several have done it with simple bolt ons
Yes, I know that and I have met them at the track but they are most definitely not doing it with stock wheels and tires. They are using much shorter drag radials. This all has to do with 60' times and those folks (Mr.DestinE is one o them) can't do it without that. I am always friendly to anyone at the track and have met quite a few nice folks out there and NO ONE can do what you're doing and they are running more mods.

I've also somewhat discovered that you run at one of the fastest tracks in the country, altitude be damned because there are other cars on other forums running quicker than most others around the country from there as well.

Stick to the question we are asking - what are these "tricks"? I'm sure they would apply to several other people here that are looking to share info. Seeing as how you aren't racing for a title or points with your truck, why do you not answer or change the story to "my old 03" or "my 'busa". Hey I'm impressed that you are capable of running those times, but there isn't anyone anywhere doing it like you do it and that's what makes it fishy to a lot of members here.

So again, what all do you do to get 2.0 60' times with the stock wheels and tires? If you don't want to share that, just say so.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by the head
Yes, I know that and I have met them at the track but they are most definitely not doing it with stock wheels and tires. They are using much shorter drag radials. This all has to do with 60' times and those folks (Mr.DestinE is one o them) can't do it without that. I am always friendly to anyone at the track and have met quite a few nice folks out there and NO ONE can do what you're doing and they are running more mods.

I've also somewhat discovered that you run at one of the fastest tracks in the country, altitude be damned because there are other cars on other forums running quicker than most others around the country from there as well.

Stick to the question we are asking - what are these "tricks"? I'm sure they would apply to several other people here that are looking to share info. Seeing as how you aren't racing for a title or points with your truck, why do you not answer or change the story to "my old 03" or "my 'busa". Hey I'm impressed that you are capable of running those times, but there isn't anyone anywhere doing it like you do it and that's what makes it fishy to a lot of members here.

So again, what all do you do to get 2.0 60' times with the stock wheels and tires? If you don't want to share that, just say so.

i think you missed this post head .....here it is again

it's not just knowing how to launch these trucks it's also knowing little tricks to help out......you do want to launch hard with 0 spin you also want to run when the motor is cold and air conditions are prime with a sticky track....i also will kill the motor just before i stage this helps give more fuel and timing for better performance with these trucks.....i also run with no filter and 60 pounds of air in the front tires and a few other little tricks......i also have a programmer and a custom fully functional ram-air kit that delivers tons of cold air

the drag radials give to much gear for a stock motor and will slow you done some in the 1/4 mile......with my 33s i get no spinning if launched correct
Old 12-22-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

I read it.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow - that was a great read over at DTW when you ran the 13s. It shed a lot of light on many things. It's similar to the situation I'm finding myself in with my Forester XT. Stating that I'm running 13.8s with just a programmer and a light weight fan belt pulley get many of the same type of BS remarks. People just don't realize that these SUVs can put down those numbers without trying very hard. You just gotta be able to take advantage of the stock 4.44 gears and AWD (it's really a 3-wheel drive...) to get a good 60' time. I know there's a 1.7 60' with mine as it sits - I'm just too lazy to change a few free things to get it.

Quick Reply: first time down the track in my new truck