Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

first time at the track coming up

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I completely screwed up how i mounted my wastegate tho. so my boost is all goofy. 5psi in first, 15 in second, then soon as it hits third it goes way up to 25 and litteraly just shuts down and sputters with -3* timing .
So maybe one day ill get around to putting an extra wastegate on it and see if she will go 11s on the all terrains.

being 4wd a turbo would be awesome except the lift in the front end would make it really interesting. it wouldnt like trying to launch in 4wd.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet isnt that a bit high on stock shortblock lol? but im sure youll get around to fixin it man, all these turds take time n work but thats half the fun of it. and thatd definitley be somethin getting that thing into the 11's on a/t's definitley give ya props for that! and yeah i could definitley understand that one, my 4wd launches are by no means the prettiest thing out there but im probably not makin half the power you are
Old 03-21-2013, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

I didnt notice it till the last pass, i was adding timing and leaning it out to the target AFR and couldnt figure out why it was acting funny till i looked up at my boost gauge and went straight to the trailer and hooked it up ha.. i got lucky.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn man you honestly lucked out with that one! thats one hell of a cheek squeezing moment, definitley be a shame to see all that cash go down the drain if she let loose
Old 03-21-2013, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea and i dont usually run it hard. Jglowe left his oil filter on the track on his last pass tho. so we ended up doin alot of towing that night.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What are you running against. I hope it is a 4 cyl ranger because I can't see your truck being faster then much anything else.

As for the driving advice I think it is all covered. Drive around the water, and practice what launch will net you the best times. Make sure you head the advice to have NO E/T if you really don't want him to know what you are running. If this race is really a big deal it will be much easier for him if you go to the track practicing and someone tells him what you are running.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

jonathan i can definitley understand that man, but that definitley sounds like it was an interesting night between you getting major boost spike and your buddy losin the filter. and cstm im running a obs powerstroke with some work done to it, it should be listed a few posts above with the current mods and mods thatll be going on. but no e/t will definitley be in the plans for that night, and im for sure gonna take in everyones words of wisdom for the track. and not to sound cocky or anything but my trucksproven itself pretty well on the streets including beating a few f-bodys, numerous fox's and an ls3 camaro so i dont think running a 4cyl ranger would really be anything but a waste of gas lol
Old 03-22-2013, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say stall it up to 3k and let it eat in 4 hi and hold on cause it will be a chore to drive. I just ran an 11.68 in 4hi leaving at 4400.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i wish i could leave in 4hi but i told the kid im running id be leaving in 2wd, next saturday if weather is permitting i may give it a shot just for ***** so i could leave hard and see what she does. and 4400 is definitley a pretty loose converter, highest i can get mine to flash under heavy load is 4k. but 11.68 is definitley moving!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lukn4trbl355
i wish i could leave in 4hi but i told the kid im running id be leaving in 2wd, next saturday if weather is permitting i may give it a shot just for ***** so i could leave hard and see what she does. and 4400 is definitley a pretty loose converter, highest i can get mine to flash under heavy load is 4k. but 11.68 is definitley moving!
he has a turbo..
I can push my stock 80E converter to 3100 if i brake boost it.

ha! one of my first 4L80E stalls was so loose i could take it to 5200 on 6psi. It didnt quite go to well with that setup.

Quick Reply: first time at the track coming up