Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

first time at the track coming up

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Borrow some tires and go make a pass.. your prolly gonna need 4wd tho
What brand tires and wheels are those? im gonna look up their weight haha..
Old 04-03-2013, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i may have to lol, a buddy of mine said his buddy cut damn near half a second from going with a 285/75 to a 265 so im anxious to see what my 35s could cut off, sounds like 13s then would for sure be doable even with my horrible tune. and the wheels are eagle alloys 15x10 series 058's and the tires are goodyear wrangler mtr's(non kevlar)
Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

looks like round 2 is coming up sunday, me n a few buddys are gonna be hitting the track again. hopefully they actully prep this time and the weather will be a tad warmer this time around 50 degrees so well see what she does. afraid to 4x4 launch it but might make one pass, ill keep everyone updated on what this turd does
Old 04-05-2013, 11:21 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Did you get your hands on a shorter/lighter tire?
Old 04-05-2013, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no sir i did not, jitters should be out of my system and i now know what i need to do differently this time, i may try leaving in 4wd so well see what she does. as for my tune, issues aernt being addressed by the weekend. im keeping names out of it but im done giving one company my business, looks like its time for a dyno tune
Old 04-05-2013, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading this thread all i have to say is if your ready and you got your truck set up to the best you can get it just go for it and hope you have enough. It seems like this powerstroke got you worked up but dont let it. I have a 75 nova i run up here in co in some classes that have a lot of **** talkers in it and if you let them get to you you will mess up or miss something in your tune. Just go out and have fun. I find i do better if go out and just have fun instead of out to prove a point. Good luck. And have fun!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:56 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

Launch in 4wd, then shift to 2wd, then see what your truck will really do.

Make sure your tires are the same height, leave them at daily driving pressure, but if you have a tire with more tread than the others, air that tire down.

If it feels bad, abort the run. This is the only way short of wearing slicks on the rear, that you are gonna hook at that track.

peace
Hog
Old 04-06-2013, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

after running last week and doing a half track burnout due to worrying about the guy in the other lane, i learned real quick not to let anyone get to ya and pay attention to what your doing. but even when the time comes with the powerjoke im definitley gonna go out and have fun and hopefully come back with a win. but small world man ive got a 75 as well! and hog i think im gonna have to give it a whirl tomarrow n see what happens, i just have a feeling somethings gonna let loose. as for tires my rears are about 70% and my fronts are probably 10 if not worse lol so i definitley need to make sure theyre at the same height, t-cases aint cheap!! and also just for the record with the "tuning issues" they wont be addressed by tomarrow but i did fire whos been tuning my truck and will soon have an appointment with one of the best lsx tuners in our area so im pretty excited to see what happens by this summer
Old 04-06-2013, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i always make a couple runs in each lane because one lane is usually faster than the other and put your grudger in the slow lane and kill him on the tree to get the unfair advantage.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh im takin the left lane by far lol, right lane was downright horrible. the kid in the powerjoke has never ran track before. my rt's my first time wernt bad so i think ive got the tree under control but definitley have the traction disadvantage

Quick Reply: first time at the track coming up