Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Flaco's 9.1 at 154mph!!! vids inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trevor once you dial up the advancement in the timing that 60ft should look a little better as well
Old 12-14-2010, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Hey everyone. For anyone that doesn't know me, I'm the guy that set the event up. I know there are some things that need to be addressed for this event. Trust me, I'm working on it to make it better next year. We have almost a whole year before the next one and I still have my work cut out for me. Just bear with me and I'll do everything I can.

As for the track shutting down, it was sooner than I'd have liked but, I already knew they weren't going to turn the lights on. It was out of my hands.

Flaco, I personally apologize that you didn't get more runs than you did. I know it was a short event for you to drive that distance but, I'm glad you came. Your attendance will make the event bigger next year. Folks come to see the fast stuff and your **** is fast bro! Again, I wish I could have done something to make it longer this time but, it was out of my hands.

Next year we are planning a two day event. Friday night TnT and running the event Saturday. Sunday will be a rain date. We have a tentative date of Nov. 18, 2011. Stay tuned for info as the year goes on. If any of you have any comments or suggestions, send them my way and I'll check into them.

Thanks to all!

Jason Newman
Southern Truck Shootout
Event Promoter
Old 12-14-2010, 01:32 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice runs everyone!! We need Truck shootouts out here in So Cal!!
Congrats on the new times Flaco! Any vids of the Lightning?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome event Jason. For a first time thing you did a good job. I'll be there next year even if I have to call in lol.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BadAssChevy327
Awesome event Jason. For a first time thing you did a good job. I'll be there next year even if I have to call in lol.

HOLY HELL....4:03 a.m.????????? Sleep much?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The first time is always the most difficult, you'll get it lined out and running reat Im sure. If you and your Ford buddies didnt get enough racing action, head west in February there are a few pretty good track events coming up.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:52 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Flaco, I heard some ppl say that you didn't run any giggle juice? That's bad ***, cuz wasn't your previous best on spray?

Also, how much boost were you hittin?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
What is your current suspension set up? Is the truck lowered and are you able to build any boost of the line?
I've got 2" drop spindles in front and 4" drop leafs in the back which are way too soft. The springs bottom out if I hit a bad bump around town. I'm changing to a 4" shackle and hanger setup with the stock leafs this week. Hopefully this will help out a little. I'm building maybe a pound or two off the line. I just noticed a small exhuast leak which might be stopping me from building more boost off the line.

Originally Posted by L$X$10
trevor once you dial up the advancement in the timing that 60ft should look a little better as well
Yeah man, I'm hoping that will help out as well.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baSICK5.0
HOLY HELL....4:03 a.m.????????? Sleep much?
i work 4pm to midnight every day. sometimes not off till 8am. i dont wake up before 1pm unless i have something i need to do
Old 12-14-2010, 02:14 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
Hey Flaco, I heard some ppl say that you didn't run any giggle juice? That's bad ***, cuz wasn't your previous best on spray?

Also, how much boost were you hittin?
no i didnt run spray...i was at 21 psi this time....i was gonna spray a 75 once i lined out some things in the tune up but downpipe took a crap on second run...first was a shakedown pass...

Quick Reply: Flaco's 9.1 at 154mph!!! vids inside