Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Got beat by a "street car"

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 08:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by f-22
It's probally for the best then. Fast street cars are not for the intellectually challenged.

Soo that means your gonna tow your street truck to the race then?
That headgasket ever get nicked that you were scared about?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by f-22
You guys must not see too much sarcasim out that way. But since were on the subject of "street" vehicles, why don't we meet somewhere in alabama. You bring your street truck, and I'll bring mine. Steele? Lassiter mt? Being that foose is more ellusive than a gobbler during turkey season, we can have a go at it. I'll be comming from atlanta. What do you say?
Thing is, I didnt have any money on that race, so I cant get too upset about it. I would be stupid to bet money at this point because anyone with a computer can see what I run at the track, ive been 100% transparent about my times. You, on the other hand, never say what your truck(s) really run and wont tell any details about their setup. If thats the way you want to play then thats fine, but not exactly fair is it? If you drive whatever your going to race from atlanta to steele I would be happy to race you. Seems to be about the middle between us and ive been wanting to go to a 1/4 anyway. I dont race anyone for money, not at this time anyway, because I have been too honest. I like drag racing because its fun and have a vehicle that is a blast to drive, not because I like calling people out or proving how much of a badass I am for what I drive.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

F-22 if all you're going to use this site for is to talk **** then go somewhere else. Everyone likes to have fun on this site and actually contribute. All of your posts are talking crap to people about how badass your trailer queen is. Everyone posts up their times honestly then you come on here picking at them. Here's a news flash for you, people who have fast trucks they built and tuned(Foose and Atomic) aren't dumb. They know you've seen their times and you're still cocky so you must be faster. You're also calling people in fullsize trucks out in your midget truck. Even if you win what have you proven? That your car weight trailer queen truck is faster? Good job, there's always someone faster out there.

Quit talking crap to everyone, be a contributing member or don't use the site.

Last edited by 1slow01Z71; 08-13-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
F-22 if all you're going to use this site for is to talk **** then go somewhere else. Everyone likes to have fun on this site and actually contribute. All of your posts are talking crap to people about how badass your trailer queen is. Everyone posts up their times honestly then you come on here picking at them. Here's a news flash for you, people who have fast trucks they built and tuned(Foose and Atomic) aren't dumb. They know you've seen their times and you're still cocky so you must be faster. You're also calling people in fullsize trucks out in your midget truck. Even if you win what have you proven? That your car weight trailer queen truck is faster? Good job, there's always someone faster out there.

Quit talking crap to everyone, be a contributing member or don't use the site.
and the congregation says.....

amen-

-and the fact you seem to feel the need to insult the intelligence of Jonathan whom you know nothing about to my knowledge, and have probably never met speaks volumes about YOU. He's one's of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. period. bar none. not just from this site... Probably should take your attitude and your mouth to your local forum or maybe to YellowBullet, they love your type.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

I dont mind the nonsense...
So lets turn the tables... Lets meet up with the trailer queen, Set out random targets from 600-1400 Yards and see just how good the smack talker is .. Ill even use my AR-15..

See some of us just arent in the modding trucks to win and smack talk.. I Love shooting more than racing. So lets go at it!!

Ok im bored at work and have nothign better to do than ***** up Atomic's thread..
Old 08-13-2012, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic

me - him
reaction: 0.645 0.785
One thing is for certain...Y'all both suck on the tree lol

That's the thing about saying "street car" That term will always be up for interpretation. DOT tires don't really even slow a car down anymore. I mean, they just went 200+mph on a 275 last month. DOT approved. Larry Larson drives his car everywhere on a Hoosier Quicktime Pro...6second car at 200+mph on a DOT approved tire. That's just the way it goes with those kinda races.

Great pass though...6.50s at 107+ is haulin *** in a big heavy truck
Old 08-13-2012, 01:41 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

it's not that hard to define a street car...

stickers/plates, street legal tires and able to sit and idle with the A/C on in 100* weather. driven to the track and driven home. and please dont tell me your car is a street car in texas if it doesnt have an A/C. you will die lol. other states can get away with no A/C i guess.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

MS, LA, and AL cant either.. unless you keep a few gallons of water in there for the driver to stay hydrated.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:50 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

might as well throw arizona into that group too. not as humid but holy crap hot!
Old 08-13-2012, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

So a vehicle with no a/c isn't a street car?

That doesn't make any sense

This car didn't even come with a/c from the factory. '72 chevelle, 500+c.i. bbc with 4l80e, 91 octane, 8 second car. Drive to the track and back home. Thousands of street miles.

The term "street car" will always be up for debate. A street car is whatever you want it to be as long as its tagged and insured. Some guys don't consider my truck a street truck because it has slicks, a racepak, aluminum fuel cell, and a manual valve body trans. But it has a/c, stereo system, tag, full coverage insurance and I drive it EVERYWHERE on 91octance.

How many guys on Drag Week do you think have a/c? I'm not talkin about the daily driver clas, but the fast guys. They drive 1200+ miles in a week. And not just that week. Many of them prepare by driving their car long distances throughout the year.

Quick Reply: Got beat by a "street car"