Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Got beat by a "street car"

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So you run 8s and want to call out mid 6 second trucks
Old 08-14-2012, 09:45 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
heck, i think 3,300 is a full weight fox with a passenger and full tank of gas...
I was trying to give them some credit lol.... Honestly 6~650 FWHP will get a well set up 2900lb chassis into the mid low 9's @ ~140 mph. Not everyone is capable but serious drag racers are.. Yet still it's fun beating some of them and getting all over some of the serious stuff in a full weight street truck that you drove there with the A/c blasting. My problem is these **** sack west coast tracks and tech bs...
Old 08-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
So you run 8s and want to call out mid 6 second trucks
I know right. See there's nothing to be suspicous or afraid of here. 99% transparency.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this thread... Some guy posts up a 6-sec 1/8th mile RACE video. Lots of people bitch about "that can't be a street car! It popped a wheelie!! It doesn't have A/C!!!"

Then F22 comes in here and says "well, do you want to RACE me?"

Some other people are like "Hey f22, we don't know who you are, so GTFO!! You talk too much smack to us, and that's not allowed here on a Performance Trucks website."

Then F22 posts up two weak-*** time slips and then everyone walks away. No posts for over 2 weeks...

Is this PERFORMANCETRUCKS.NET or is this "pat each other on the back while nuzzling each other's nuts . net" ...?

Last edited by copperdodge; 08-30-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by copperdodge

Is this PERFORMANCETRUCKS.NET or is this "pat each other on the back while nuzzling each other's nuts . net" ...?
Nice!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Old 08-30-2012, 08:49 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Ill just take this one stupid comment after another. I cant comment on anyone elses intention, but as far as im concerned, and I am the one that started the thread...

Some guy posts up a 6-sec 1/8th mile RACE video. Lots of people bitch about "that can't be a street car! It popped a wheelie!! It doesn't have A/C!!!"
The difference was this is in a *street car* class. The other car IS NOT a street car in any sense of the word. This isnt his fault, he just wanted to win I suppose, but a failure of the track officials to be more specific on what a "street car" is in their eyes.

Then F22 comes in here and says "well, do you want to RACE me?"
And my response being sure, I enjoy racing, but I am not going to race for cash because he knows way more about my setup than I do about his.

Some other people are like "Hey f22, we don't know who you are, so GTFO!! You talk too much smack to us, and that's not allowed here on a Performance Trucks website."
I never said he isnt allowed, but we dont want people with shitty attitudes on this site. If you or anyone else are not a constructive, contributing memember, you are very welcome to get the hell out.

Then F22 posts up two weak-*** time slips and then everyone walks away. No posts for over 2 weeks...
Because arguing further wouldnt prove anything...what If I posted a slip of mine running 8.0s and I start calling out 7.0 trucks/cars with such confidence...I am obviously fronting about my times. There is no fun in that, unless it makes you happy to pretend you are faster than everyone.

Like I said, if you dont want to be a constructive, contributing member of a community you CHOSE to be a part of, I suggest you leave because you are not welcome here.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres my timeslip.... wanna run?

Name:  0CC624CA-9A66-4750-8A62-C7D4F9F6B861-995-0000032C31608323.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  69.6 KB
Old 08-30-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

im just sitting here reading and thinking, i dont know any of you guys personally, my respect for atomic, his truck and this race, at my point of view this is just a simple talk on real street cars/trucks, BUT people like F-22 and Copperdodge always seems to **** on the pie, no matter how nice someone is sharing all his info hes doing to his truck, times, mistakes, recommendations like atomic or lets say foose04 (it really helps us all out) F-22 and Copperdodge are just people who couldnt accomplish what there mommy told them they would one day

we have people here at the track like you smash talking, looking at peoples slips that show them and are transparent about there projects and if they see there faster they call them out and stuff

ohhhh but wait who i am to say how how weird u are?? this is just my 2 cents
Old 08-30-2012, 01:41 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Lol no kidding...109 here today. I'm supposed to drag my trans back to CA today, but screw doing that in Julien's truck with no AC! Traveling by night ftw.
Your a vagina!

I am driving spoolins truck through phoenix right now and have watched the thermometer go over 100. His truck has no AC, but seeing as it is toting my *** 9 hours back to california, it is very much a street truck. I don't want to hear the 'no AC isn't a street car/truck' bullshit...
You should of just turned up the radio and rock out to some tune's to make you forget about the no A/C bit! DO IT!!

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Gotta have A/C
I agree, but I was just too lazy to re-install it when I built the truck. I mean c'mon...it's so difficult and hard to get to and hard to route properly and and and my fingers were hurting that day too, and I ran out of Tampax. I think I'm gonna put the box that has my AC stuff in the bed of the truck and if anyone complains about not having AC in my truck I'll just point to the box in the bed!!

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Seems like you drive his truck more then he does.
Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I was thinking the same thing
Not enough actually, I told him to take it to some races and video it but he never did. That trucks never been in a real street race that was caught on video, aside from when I raced Lee but the truck was green back then anyways.

Someones gotta show this thing some love when he's on vacation!
Costa Rica was nice btw...

Quick Reply: Got beat by a "street car"