Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Got a race challenge

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a race challenge

This guy on a fishing forum I frequent was talking trash about how fast his truck is. His truck is an '06 crew cab Dodge cummins 4x4. This was his post.

When I say I laugh at gas v-8s, I dont mean that in a rude way. And yes, I am very biased towards the Cummins. If yall drove one, you would look at your Titans and F-150s and seriously ask yourself what the hell you were thinking and you would be embarrassed that you came on here and acted as if it was plenty of power. I could hook a boat up to my truck and race you without a boat and I would bet any amount I would win that race.
I told him $100 whenever he is ready. Then I got this email.

Going to be near Dallas anytime soon? I will pull my own boat and you can have your truck completely empty. I will also have a camera man in my truck recordingthe race, so a little more advantage for you. How long would you like the raceto be? I would say a half mile or longer, but I am also pretty sure I would beat you off the line, even with the boat. I won't use my performance chip, with it Iwould have 3 times the torque you have and twice the hp. I will leave it off and only have a little more hp and twice the torque. I might be up at Ray Roberts in a few weeks so maybe we could do it then. I'm not positive I would win, but I do know it would be very close and I am pretty sure I would win. A lot of people drive v-8 gassers and think they have a lot of power, then they get in a Cummins diesel with 610 lbf of torque and they are blown away. It has happened to many of my friends and family. My brother has your exact truck with a performance chip on it and he was amazed when he drove my truck, then I drove his truck and, well, it was slow (but I am used to mine). I know I sound kind of arrogant, butI have a lot of pride in my truck and I know what it is capable of. I have beat Mustang GTs with my bed full of tools and the race wasnt even that close. I would really like to do this just to get an idea of what my truck can do with a boat on it and also to give you an idea of how much of a difference there really
Im pretty sure he doesn't know what my truck is and what is done to it. I haven't told him and probably wont.

What do yall think about this race?
Old 09-14-2006, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

That guy sounds like a joke. Pulling a boat while racing? Ha.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Teching In

Race him and take his money...make it $500.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:01 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

tell him you want to run without the boat and all the chip he has. if he loses with a boat tied on that his excuse to whine about to all the guys. if you beat him truck vs truck, all he can do is pay up and stick his foot in his mouth.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:04 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

oh and take 100 with you because diesels can be scarry
Old 09-14-2006, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think my money is on you considering there is Radix and VHO listed in your sig. Sounds like you have a pretty badass truck.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure you either get a copy of the vid, or have your own cameraman... I want to see this...
Old 09-14-2006, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've put down many diesel 4X4's. Cummins etc.... Local guy with twin turbo and edge etc. only running mid to high 13's.

You should be able take him even without the boat.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Bully Dog Cummings on Pinks was scary! But Good Luck all the way Bro!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go for it, just don't kill the tires doing it.

Quick Reply: Got a race challenge