Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Help a drag racing noob build a truck...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RacinRust
Noob I don't think they are listening to you ! You used words and phrases like po$$ible, and, This truck will also see street/hwy miles regularly so there will be some compromises. Like the 3.73's instead of 4.10's or 4.56's. Along with all the other limiting phrases. Nothing wrong with staying within your budget!
Honestly the 8.99 is looking a lot more attainable at this time.
Is this your primary mode of transportation? Or do you have another means of daily transportation?
No LOL here! But using second gear chirp is funny!

i am clearly listening to what he wants and is going to use the truck for thats why i suggested spray or boost instead of a 500+ cubic motor, and as far as 4.10 and 4.56's they are a decent hwy gear just depends on what you personally prefer, i have no issue at all with my 4.11's they dont drink gas anymore than the 3.73's that came in my truck. and yes i said chirp 2nd cause thats what it did, barely spun, barked, whatever phrase or word you want to use, it was a simple explination just like stating the mods and ect so the OP would know what mods to consider and conditions for the timeslip i posted. not out to pick a arguement or bash or whatever you want to call it, i put lol cause thats exactly what i did was laugh when i saw what was posted about the 500+ being the only way, no offence at all. just have personally saw alot less do close to the time he wants, have saw a 04 awd SSS with pacesetter longtubes, tune, and 125 shot i believe it was, with 17 inch escalade wheels instead of factory SSS 20's run a 7.8x. cant remember for sure if that was with his 3200 stall or not, i dont believe it was. he's actually a member on here, yes thats a little larger motor but thats also a little more weight than a rcsb. once again RacinRust not out to argue or say you dont know what your talking about. just trying to give the OP a idea of what to consider for the times he's wantin

Last edited by 02gmcbandit; 04-12-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP,

I would honestly throw a cam in the ls1, give chris (circle D) a call/fill out an ask chris form for what he recommends on the converter. do the bolts ons and tune it and see where that gets you...go from there. i.e. boost whatever you want.

i would highly recommend you swap the transmissions now since you already have the 80e and to get to 7.5. your going to need a tranny to hold that kind of power.

just my .02

-JG