Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Help for Street/Strip Suspension.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help for Street/Strip Suspension.

The truck is an 03 RCSB, 2WD. Everything on it is stock currently, the plans are to eventually go turbo and then a forged motor. The truck will be driven daily outside of snow season.

My goal is to have a truck that hooks very well on the street as well as the track and maintains semi-good street manners. I would like to get it a little closer to the ground and assume that will simply be a by-product of the modifications.

I see some guys cutting some pretty quick short times on very basic setups. The simpler the better and for that reason I am not planning to do a four link. I have been looking at caltracs and assassin bars though. Tire plan is M/T ET Streets more than likely.

I am basically just looking for advice on overall setups. If possible please provide 60 ft. times and any other valuable information. Thanks in advance for all the help!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First a good differ/maybe truetrac and second a stall converter.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Byrdman11
First a good differ/maybe truetrac and second a stall converter.
Those are on the list. I am going 80E with a Circle D, don't want to pay for a good converter until I am swapping in the 80E.

The suspension parts are high on my priority list because the stock pieces are high mileage and worn out. I also plan on pulling my bed to repaint the frame and the underside of the bed soon and figured I would just do my suspension then.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

Also, on a semi-related question, how long with the stock rear last with something like a True-Trac, launching on slicks? I have heard the truck 10 bolt is stronger than the F-body one, but how much stronger?
Old 12-26-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

with new computer i cant upload pics but if you pm me your email addy, i can send you a pic of link to help you with your question....its from a member on here....blown06....and then maybe you can post for everyone to see.... rob
Old 12-26-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by low2001gmc
with new computer i cant upload pics but if you pm me your email addy, i can send you a pic of link to help you with your question....its from a member on here....blown06....and then maybe you can post for everyone to see.... rob
Here you go....

Originally Posted by Blown06
Regular cab short bed suspension formula for 1.5 60's on a 4/6 drop:

Front:
2" drop spindles
2" drop springs
QA1 12 way adjustables (will take very little modification to fit properly)
Remove front sway bar (you won't even notice it gone when shocks are set for street driving)
Correct alignment

Rear:
6" flip kit
C-notch
Clamp overload leaf in front only
QA1 12 way adjustables (both mounted straight up and down on back of rearend)
4* axle shims to reset driveshaft angle
Slicks

It took me 3 trips to the track to get the shocks dialed in where I thought they where perfect. If I remeber right, for me it was 5 clicks in the front and 4 clicks in the back.

With good power and correct converter/gear this setup is easy and deadly. No need for traction bars, aftermarket leafsprings, leafspring disassembly, aftermarket sway bars, shitty springs or shocks.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:50 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Worked for me.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Bone stock suspension other than edelbrock IAS shocks. Stock height. True slick at the track. I can cut mid 1.5s all day long. Could probably do better, but I would rather not push my luck. I do have an Eaton posi. The stock 10 bolt is plenty strong if you add an aftermarket posi. As long as you do not wheel hop you will be good.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

Noted, good info so far guys. I have talked to Flaco and a few other fast guys these last couple of days as well. A true-trac is going to be here in the next couple weeks and I am also going with Caltracs. Will probably replace the shocks since they are very badly worn, but will likely do something basic as an OEM replacement. I will see what it hooks like then.

Obviously I won't be cutting killer 60' times yet as the truck doesn't have enough power to really get out of the hole worth a damn. However, It will pave the way for future mods and the 80e and TC that will be on the way in th enext month or two.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id like to know who and what truck hooks from a dig on the street ? with at lease some horsepower to speak of !

Quick Reply: Help for Street/Strip Suspension.