Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

hemi ate my ass up

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:18 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts
Default hemi ate my *** up

scsb hemi put me in my place tonight. his mods are headers, 2 cutouts, intake, tune and 17" wheels instead of the 20's. he also has a 100 shot to play with but he said he was out of nitrous. anyways 3 runs and there was no doubt that he had more power across the rpm's even when i launched him pretty good he pulled it back and put his rear bumper right about even with mine until we got to that dead spot where they dont leave you, but your not gaining either. it really hurt my pride

his best run is 13.2@104 on the spray and he said its around 14.5 all motor. it seemed stronger to me. im guessing im around a 14.5 at full weight and i also had a passenger at around 200lbs. dang ill ask for another run with the added cubes and cam for sure
Old 09-26-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No biggie...losses are good because they make you spend more money on your truck to go faster! Race him after your next mods then wallow in your victory!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, too bad man. Can't win them all but it sounds like you need a little more powa
Old 09-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

BS.... he sprayed you....
Old 09-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Toe
TECH Regular

Not bs, hemi's can move with a few mods. Get some more mods and return the favor.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

sounds like the Hemi is a little slow on motor for those mods.....

TJ
Old 09-26-2006, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Toe
Not bs, hemi's can move with a few mods. Get some more mods and return the favor.
i plan on matching his cubes and returning the favor. ls1 is already paid for, just gotta get it outa the camaro thats driving around with it right now. springs are sitting in the corner, ls2 timing chain is waiting, and im ordering the cam and pushrods as soon as i sell the cam thats already in the motor. LS1 224/224 112 aughta take care of him....if it dont my truck will be burnt to the ground

does anyone think duel cutouts directly after the headers will help me any? i already have a single cutout after the Y. i already have too much bottom end IMO. i figure if i cant get it to hook i can use it somewhere else(mid range)

sounds like the Hemi is a little slow on motor for those mods.....
what do you think he should be doing on motor? he did run the 14.5ish run during the summer at HRP. heck you might know him...he hangs out at hemitruckclub. he hangs out with the southern section moderator....cant remember his screen name southern thunder maybe???
Old 09-27-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i plan on matching his cubes and returning the favor. ls1 is already paid for, just gotta get it outa the camaro thats driving around with it right now. springs are sitting in the corner, ls2 timing chain is waiting, and im ordering the cam and pushrods as soon as i sell the cam thats already in the motor. LS1 224/224 112 aughta take care of him....if it dont my truck will be burnt to the ground

does anyone think duel cutouts directly after the headers will help me any? i already have a single cutout after the Y. i already have too much bottom end IMO. i figure if i cant get it to hook i can use it somewhere else(mid range)

what do you think he should be doing on motor? he did run the 14.5ish run during the summer at HRP. heck you might know him...he hangs out at hemitruckclub. he hangs out with the southern section moderator....cant remember his screen name southern thunder maybe???

Yea... I know Southern Thunder.... but I thought he has a quadCab... I have him on video somewhere.... but his avitar ( hard to tell ) seems to show a QC as well...... I was running 14.40s 3 weeks ago at HRP w/ a DA of +2495 feet..... yea weather sux... and my traction was off a little, think I could have gotten it down to 14.2x if could have gotten the thing to hook up... funny, I was the only guy running N/A with traction probs... I usually run 13.90s to 14.0s in 0 DA... I would hope to drop .4 to .5 off of my times with the installation of headers and full exhaust.....
But in the heat ( do you know what the DA was? ) 14.50s is not to slow a time for the Hemi....
TJ
Old 09-27-2006, 08:53 PM

no not southern thunder. we gave it a go a couple months ago and i beat him. the guy im talking about was hanging out with southern. hes a real young looking guy....looks around 18? its a black rcsb.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

oh yea..... badblackhemi... on HTC.... I have not seen him run on the motor, just the juice... 14.50s huh... I was wondering what he would have run without the bottle.. I think his name is Kyle....

TJ

Quick Reply: hemi ate my ass up