Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

hemi truck runs 14.02 at 95mph in the 1/4

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 06:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

h777....very nice. I bet that its a blast to drive, daily.

Give the man his due. He has a fast truck. Lets all go find some new nissan Titan's and pelt the front of them with melted rubber
Old 12-13-2003, 07:32 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

hey i got a buddy with a 2003 hemi quad cab. he wants to do the free mod. how do you do it.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by L82gofast
h777....very nice. I bet that its a blast to drive, daily.

Give the man his due. He has a fast truck. Lets all go find some new nissan Titan's and pelt the front of them with melted rubber
Those HEMI's are getting fast. Quick question, how well will the hemi tranny hold up without TM. I would think it would reduce the life, similar to how EDIT can do on the 4l60e. But I guess it doesnt matter if you plan on going fast, you gotta break things so you can have an excuse to upgrade. BTW, if chevy and dodge rubber pelted the front of the Titan it might actually make it look appealing That thing looks like a retarded lego truck
Old 12-13-2003, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02denali
hey i got a buddy with a 2003 hemi quad cab. he wants to do the free mod. how do you do it.

here is a link

http://dtw.truckmoxie.com/visit.asp?...ic.php?t=35358
Old 12-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Launching!

abbo7.......the TMR mod lets the trans shift like stock when you drive normal but when your driving it hard it shifts much quicker and stronger and it down shifts better....i have had it on my truck for 4k miles and no problems with the trans or anything else....its the best mod for the hemi trucks and its free
Old 12-13-2003, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if the 4L60E has a "TMR" wire or equivelant? My truck shifts as slow as a Hemi.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Anyone that knows anything about the auto business knows that invoice pricing is pretty much apple to apples say between an equivilent Dodge VS GM truck.With all the GM incentives on you can buy a new GM pretty cheap,may depend on the area and supply,here in the PNW the larger dealers advertise anywhere from $7-8K off from MSRP and 10K off on the larger SUVs.So to say you can buy a Dodge cheaper isnt always true. Now what is true is the fact that resale of the Dodge is and always has been the lowest of the big 3.Now with all of the major problems with factory defects complaints of poor towing and horrible mileage,these things will impact the market value,soon it will be talked about on the Dodge forums about how sick and tired they are of having there trucks in the shop waiting for parts or DC to re-engineer some problem parts that we will be hearing complaints that they cant trade there trucks off because they took such a dive on the resale or market value.I will end up buying one eventually but it will be an 03 hemi just out of warrenty being pushed through the auction line with a broken hemi.You know i will be able to buy it right.I kind of feel sorry for some of the guys that are having freakish problems.How would you like to have the truck quit on your wife at night 10 miles out.Or be pulling a narrow mountain road with a trailer in tow and have the motor quit.These things are happening.The list of common failures is huge.YA IT'S A HEMI!
Old 12-13-2003, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

funny,

Which truck is under ecall now to have the motor replaced??

HMM

No problems out of my truck yet. I didn't buy it to be fast, I bought because it blows the chevy truck looks out of the water.

If i wanted something to go fast, I'd drive my car.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Moose
funny,

Which truck is under ecall now to have the motor replaced??

HMM

No problems out of my truck yet. I didn't buy it to be fast, I bought because it blows the chevy truck looks out of the water.

If i wanted something to go fast, I'd drive my car.
If you have been keeping up on the DTW forum there are a couple down with bottom end failures as so many others with topend failures.Looks are in the eyes of the beholder,everyone has different tastes.They have been out long enough to show some serious design flaws and engineering F**K ups.Looks alone shouldnt be enough to get suckered in.The GM trucks look fine.Ya it's time for the Gm to update,but i can wait.Funny looking at the dodge forum you can kind of draw a consenses that approx 40% of the hemi owners have been back to the dealer.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:46 PM
I Like Gold!!!

Hey H777,
Do u have any pics of u doing the tmr mod or do u have a direct link of someone doing the mod.

Quick Reply: hemi truck runs 14.02 at 95mph in the 1/4