Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Highest MPH on the 1/4 mi with N/A 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not the 12.4 I find hard to belive. Randy's(litreddevil) ran a 12.3@108 N/A and I belive that. It's the 112 mph that I don't belive. MPH is the better indicator of the two how much power a vehicle is making. Someone correct me if I am wrong but according to my calculations Angel's truck is putting down 471 rwhp asumming an 18% drivetrain loss and that his truck weight 4300 pounds driver included for him to have trapped @112mph
I serously doubt it Angel's truck is putting anywehre close to those numbers N/A at the rear wheels.
Edgar, why don't you enlighten us as to what is going on. If nitrous was used in this race just admit it.
Originally Posted by ls1CANTU
well I don't find the 12.4 hard to swallow because his truck can run 12.4's or better. he has run 12.5's pilling out so one's we get his suspenssion righr you'all wiil see.

Last edited by Tiburon; 05-15-2006 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you tell me what changes he did to make up 5mph on that run though? jorge said he did something to it, but not heads..

i'm sure everyone will thank you on this site because everyone wants to go faster.

File's right about the mph, if he did trap 112 all motor then he is making more power than Jorges 383, is this true????

and no doubt he can hit 12.4, i bet i can to, i ran a 12.8 @ 106.7 w 1.9 60ft, what would my time be if i had a 1.6x 60ft? thats without millin of heads too..

Last edited by rgvsierra; 05-15-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another good point brought by Eddie.
Originally Posted by La Riddler
If there wasn't any bottle, why
would you ask if he sprayed?
Old 05-15-2006, 03:22 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by ls1CANTU
I know for a fact that Angel's truck will drag your axx any day on motor, and all that smack talking about him having heads ported lq9 and this and that well let me tell you that i know what that truck has because I've done all the work on that truck, it's a lq4 heads milled .030 that's it and yes he has nitrous also i think you all have seen this truck run mid to low 11's with nitrous. Also I agree with you'all saying that the mph are high because that's the first thing that cought my eye and i ask angel that same nigth and he told me he did not spray.I think the onley way we can find out is if we can have this two guys do a two out of three race and inspect both trucks before they line up. so what do you think Dan? let me know so I can talk to angel see if we can get this done one's and for all.

The Offer looks fair Daniel.^^^^^^^^^^......
The way the race turned out was kind of ???????, but those BOLD letters seem like a good way for you guys to settle it. This is becoming one of those "what came out first the chicken or the egg"

I believe hearing Angel said he changed to better tires (28" full slicks) and a 3 disc 3600 PI stall.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

sounds like somebody used something known as a "cheater"???

the whole moral of this thread is that the mph is high for the time... yes a 6.0 with those mods is very possible of a 12.4.... the thing that is throwing everybody off is the mph.... we all just want to know what really happen.... and I dont think full slicks and a different converter could give +5mph....???
Old 05-15-2006, 03:30 PM
11 Second Truck Club

It's the mph and the way the truck reved up on third gear and then either let go at the end or the converter locked. Several things happend but again only angel knows for sure.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

and when u spray at the middle of the track ur time wount make much of a diff only mph will go higher belive me i got nos and i have tryed it by myself becouse of traction problems in my car but it dosent help my time that much but mph gose high
Old 05-15-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by la Cuerva
The Offer looks fair Daniel.^^^^^^^^^^......
The way the race turned out was kind of ???????, but those BOLD letters seem like a good way for you guys to settle it. This is becoming one of those "what came out first the chicken or the egg"

I believe hearing Angel said he changed to better tires (28" full slicks) and a 3 disc 3600 PI stall.
only thing that would be fair is if he takes off every nitrous line and solenoid on the truck..

but like i said, i dont need to race anymore, but i kinda feel you think he didnt use nitrous la cuerva

as a matter of fact, why dosent he just shut all of our mouths up and run alone again, no nitrous or solenoids on truck.. i only say that cause there hasent been a valid explanation why he gained 5mph.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:51 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by la Cuerva
It's the mph and the way the truck reved up on third gear and then either let go at the end or the converter locked. Several things happend but again only angel knows for sure.

By this ^^^^^^ I do feel nitrous was used after the 60' and it's the most logical explanation to those #s. He could have very well sprayed just enough to win the race and tought it wouldn't make much of a difference. Angel himself has not said anything yet. Edgar's attention was also caught by the #'s, La Chicken also has his very strong opinions but the driver and owner is Angel.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Launching!

Hey guys, I saw Angel's times on Daniel's timeslip and he had the same #'s as mine on my 12.7 run. From the 60ft, through 330 mrk, and 1/8th mile including 1/8th mph. So he could'nt have sprayed in the beginning......
So Edgar, you're giving me hopes that I can hit that same 12.4@112 with my little 5.3...........I know what you're going to say,"He could've gotten a better 60ft but he spun", well, I peeled off too with the Bf Drag Radials through out the 60ft and still managed that time. Come on Edgar, you know exactly that mph is for a low 12 or high 11 sec pass on a truck. What does Chicken trap at when he runs............unless, someone swapped motors, nahh.........I don't think you'all would go through all that just for a race,..........................would you?

Quick Reply: Highest MPH on the 1/4 mi with N/A 6.0