Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Holty's new best

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Notorious BIG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
Congrats Josh, that's running pretty strong. You sure have a strong mph which is showing the added hp. Are you happy with the results so far?
Yes, i'm pretty happy, but like quik said, there is some tweaking i have to do yet to get better numbers. I know it has more in it. Quik was yellling at me about dropping my tire pressure to keep from spinning, i did that, but was in a hurry, thats why tire pressure was all jacked up. I can't feel the truck spinning but apparently it is. Going around the water box and getting yelled at by track officials pissed me off and i lost concentration. I DEEP staged and pretty much screwed my launch up, did not get another run after that. I have some tricks up my sleeve for next week thanks to krambo for advice. My goal is a 12.2x and then 11's with n20.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Notorious BIG

I would also like to mention i was CRUSHING a dodge ram srt10 reg. cab. short bed with nitrous every run. was also beating up on a procharged dakota r/t and and suburu wrx.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:02 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Holty
Yes, i'm pretty happy, but like quik said, there is some tweaking i have to do yet to get better numbers. I know it has more in it. Quik was yellling at me about dropping my tire pressure to keep from spinning, i did that, but was in a hurry, thats why tire pressure was all jacked up. I can't feel the truck spinning but apparently it is. Going around the water box and getting yelled at by track officials pissed me off and i lost concentration. I DEEP staged and pretty much screwed my launch up, did not get another run after that. I have some tricks up my sleeve for next week thanks to krambo for advice. My goal is a 12.2x and then 11's with n20.
if youre going sat let me know
Old 10-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good news is Holty finally has a WOT scan to give me so we can get rid of the rich bumps at the shifts and lean spots in the 160kpa row in 3rd. I've been beating him up forever to get some WOT runs so we could work on those areas.

Great news is his truck is hauling ***! Tune can use a tad tightening on the afr sloppiness, but I think race gas and added spark will get it where it needs to be. And smaller tires if he so wishes.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:24 PM

i say there's lots to talk about here. Everybody has been wanting to see a 122 run the 1/4 on one of our trucks. Holty has the larger Hxr and is still getting a higher than expected IAT IMHO. I am also really really suprised we aren't seeing a 9+ boost level all the way down the track. I'd like to here Richard's take on if Holty's cam is bleeding off boost or not.
Holty you did pin the crank pulley right?

Again, sorry about that rich shot in the 6400 region, just making her safe since we have never been there before.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Notorious BIG

yeah, crank pulley is pinned. Also, smaller wheel tire combo will never happen, these brakes don't allow for anything less than 20 inch wheels. Plus, i'm broke so even without the brakes stopping me, unless someone donated wheels/tires to me, thats not going to happen.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:34 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
i say there's lots to talk about here. Everybody has been wanting to see a 122 run the 1/4 on one of our trucks. Holty has the larger Hxr and is still getting a higher than expected IAT IMHO. I am also really really suprised we aren't seeing a 9+ boost level all the way down the track. I'd like to here Richard's take on if Holty's cam is bleeding off boost or not.
Holty you did pin the crank pulley right?

Again, sorry about that rich shot in the 6400 region, just making her safe since we have never been there before.
yes i repinned that crank of his.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Quik
yes i repinned that crank of his.
I FINALLY got my efans on, so now it doesn't look like such a depressing job to do.

Yeah, I know about the small wheel size not an option. I think we can squeeze some more time off that slip with leaner in one spot and richer in another. Then more spark and less head wind...you got it man! If anything, you'll be so close to 11's next time you better take **** before you race.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dewmanshu

And smaller tires if he so wishes.

I see a little bit of wheel spin there too as Quick mentioned That little bit of burst knock (assuming) at launch may hurt just a little on the 60ft. causing the overall run to show a tenth slower. The 60 ft. is very important (preaching to the choir ) with the aerodynamics of a truck for the top end. The 160+ Intake temps are a bit high as well IMHO. Even without the meth, in the summer months, I haven been able to get #s that high. Cool those puppies down (nitrous ) and you will be golden.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:42 PM

yeah super fast incline on that rpm 1/2 slope. Definitely some slippage. WOW, I am always floored by you guys spinning all 4.

Quick Reply: Holty's new best