Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Launch feels STRONG

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Launch feels STRONG

I've been busy last few weeks. Gear swap 3.73's -> 4.10's. Lowered the truck 4/5. Lots of time spent SD Tuning. Goal being to improve the 60' times and ultimately to improve my 1/4 mile times.

Finally got enough break in miles and couple details straightened out to put it through a full tilt launch today. All I can say is DAMN it feels much stronger. Before it would lift the front turn over the front tires a little and then go. Now it just goes! Even a little bit of 4 wheel drift. I've also had to pull the tailpipes and magnflow bullets off that were on it with the drop. They were hitting the axle with the drop. Corsa sport dumped at the axle, it sounds nasty.

I've got some vibration now so I wouldn't feel comfortable running it through a full 1/4 mile. Hopefullly I'll get this straightened out in time for some of the local track openings. Can't wait.

Last edited by KySilverado; 02-03-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:29 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I've gone broke trying to keep up with you!

Sounds pretty awsome!
Old 02-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What Im confused about is why do you Trever have a 5mph faster trap speed and make more power then KY, even though he has the cubes and the rest of ya'lls setup is the same from what I remember pretty much. I guess KY is really putting it down in the 1/8th to still outrun you Trever even though you are trapping 5mph higher. That is a HUGE difference even though Trever has a smaller motor. Would ya'll mind posting your complete timeslip form your fastests time?
Old 02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
What Im confused about is why do you Trever have a 5mph faster trap speed and make more power then KY, even though he has the cubes and the rest of ya'lls setup is the same from what I remember pretty much. I guess KY is really putting it down in the 1/8th to still outrun you Trever even though you are trapping 5mph higher. That is a HUGE difference even though Trever has a smaller motor. Would ya'll mind posting your complete timeslip form your fastests time?
He dyno's about 60 more ponies and torque than than I do That explains the MPH difference. I have to be doing it on the short end.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the new sig pic
Old 02-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats what puzzles me, he makes 60 more ponies with less cubes and shortie headers while you have more cubes you would think that you would have more hp, no doubt thats teh culprit of the trap speed. From what I remember Trever hits 1.8 60s too, so where is all his power going? Its not like a typical N/A comparison since there isnt going to be a big difference under the curve due to the radix and cams that are in the same family generally speaking.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Thats what puzzles me, he makes 60 more ponies with less cubes and shortie headers while you have more cubes you would think that you would have more hp, no doubt thats teh culprit of the trap speed. From what I remember Trever hits 1.8 60s too, so where is all his power going? Its not like a typical N/A comparison since there isnt going to be a big difference under the curve due to the radix and cams that are in the same family generally speaking.
Well I haven't dynoed in a long time and had done some mods between the dyno and my best time. The 90mm TB comes to mind. So I might have been making a little more power.

I hope I'm making more power now. I doubt 500 whp though.

I'm with you though. He should be outrunning me if his short end is good.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nightrunner
i like the new sig pic
Hey thanks. I am diggin the new look. It just looks...... meaner IMO.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KySilverado
I've got some vibration now so I wouldn't feel comfortable running it through a full 1/4 mile. Hopefullly I'll get this straightened out in time for some of the local track openings. Can't wait.
is your driveline angle off now that you lowered it? i have run into that problem before.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:04 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I made this run I dyno'd at ~495hp?
I cross the traps at the bottom of 3rd if I could run 1" shorter tires I bet I'd do a bit better.

We do have very similar setups I admit I've looked at your setup more than once.

I'm hoping for 12.4x's on the 17th,

Quick Reply: Launch feels STRONG