Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Launch feels STRONG

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Maybe...off topic...all that grab and go force is exactly what you think, hard on the stock leafs. Get some caltracs and be done with it!
Going to try and get something to work without the caltracs but if I can't get angles that work cruise and torqued caltracs would probably fix it. A last option right now I'm thinking. Reading a bit on them I don't know if they will even work with the DJM hangers. Might interfere.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same place i rac ewhen i go home to KY.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KySilverado
I have a cheapo gauge and have them all measured and a couple options planned to get them at least equal. You wouldn't happen to know what trans, shaft and pinion angle is on a stocker would you?
im pretty sure i can look up the angles at work. i will get back with you.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Thats what puzzles me, he makes 60 more ponies with less cubes and shortie headers while you have more cubes you would think that you would have more hp, no doubt thats teh culprit of the trap speed. From what I remember Trever hits 1.8 60s too, so where is all his power going? Its not like a typical N/A comparison since there isnt going to be a big difference under the curve due to the radix and cams that are in the same family generally speaking.
Its the cam choice between the two and the fact that the 6.0 acts completely different different heads/exhaust/pistons all of it. You really cant compare the two.

Last edited by 02sierraz71_5.3; 02-04-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Banned

sorry i did not read all the post but their is a few things that can make the difference
if trever1t spun just a little that would put him in a different power band all the way down the track so that could be the 5 mph difference.and if the cam are different they could also add to the mph and the 60' difference.and who builds more boost off the line to get a better 60',weather is also a factor.they would need to go to the track same night together
Old 02-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
Its the cam choice between the two and the fact that the 6.0 acts completely different different heads/exhaust/pistons all of it. You really cant compare the two.
Ky's cam has a larger exhaust lobe which should help with top end power, along with more cubes, and better exhaust yet he still comes up short on his trap speed and ponies. So far you have just stated the obvious, yeah there are some small differences but all of them should work in KY's favor not Trevers as far as HP output and you would think trever would be quicker too. Please share some of your knowledge and shine some light onto why the results they are having seem contrary to normal thinking from their mods on paper.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Ky's cam has a larger exhaust lobe which should help with top end power, along with more cubes, and better exhaust yet he still comes up short on his trap speed and ponies. So far you have just stated the obvious, yeah there are some small differences but all of them should work in KY's favor not Trevers as far as HP output and you would think trever would be quicker too. Please share some of your knowledge and shine some light onto why the results they are having seem contrary to normal thinking from their mods on paper.
My knowledge is telling me **** happens! lol sorry 1slow
Old 02-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Trevert1t runs smaller tires which are lighter, and has an aluminum block which is lighter, not sure on the size of the drivers...lol...but I'd bet Trever1t's race weight is about 200lbs. less. Also, the cam has more effect on a smaller motor, the tune may be more agressive, D/A, air temp, floor mat jammed under the throttle pedal, who the hell knows. There are tons of things that effect each run. I'd say race weight is an issue here tho for 1. ???
Old 02-05-2007, 07:57 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

My truck weighed in at 5350 (with me) before removing nerfs, bed rails, swapping roll pan for bumper and deleting the spare. I guess I dropped ~120lbs
I run 30.5" tires on one-piece welds.
I'm weighing in at 250lbs.

The day I ran a 12.65 Wilde Racing ran a 11.41 and J's01silverado ran a 12.50 My meth kit died that day. Perhaps I could have done better had the meth been spraying correctly?
It was also the most humid day I've raced. Does that make any difference?
Prior to the exhaust mod my trap speed was 104mph.

What are you thinking 1slow01Z71
Old 02-05-2007, 08:01 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Maybe it's my bad-*** old school front-end rake

Quick Reply: Launch feels STRONG