Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

More Crappy 60' Results

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I had some wheel hop problems running 26" tire the few times I did. Since I've ran on 28"s, not problems at all.

Maybe need some leaf spring clamps?
Old 04-25-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

long bars fixed my wheel hop problem hands down...invest in some or cal tracs...

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Yes I may just invest in some caltracs since I don't have the means to build a set myself. I would expect my truck to do a bit better than a 2.10 60' though. The guy I talked to was hitting 1.86-1.87's with just helper bags and et streets.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
im going to be building a set of long bars for my truck pretty soon. if they turn out the way i plan i can build you a set too.
Pm Sent
Old 04-25-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Pm Sent
Havent gotten one yet ding dong..
Old 04-25-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Veteran

im going to be building a set of long bars for my truck pretty soon. if they turn out the way i plan i can build you a set too.
Let me know man. I'll definitely be interested in that. Let me know how much you're wanting for them and I'll see if I can swing it. Also do you know a guy named Jerry from Lawton. He has a white 03 silverado with a 150 shot. We talked for a bit last night and he said he knew you. That was the guy I was talking about running 8.3s

Originally Posted by dlt76028
what your suspension setup? you dont have drop leafs in the back do you? also i would still suggest checking the pinion.
I have drop spindles and drop springs in front and a flip kit in the rear with a c-notch and doetsch tech springs. I'm going to try and find out if they make the Ranch Rs9000 shocks short enough for my application. People seem to have good luck with those.
The drive shaft angle is now spot on. I installed a carrier bearing and 4* shims so the driveline is perfect. That was suggested last thread I made so that's why I installed them. Thanks though.

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
the 03 had stock suspension... that was his advantage... when you start lowering these long *** trucks your 60ft times always seem to suffer... are you notched?

I still say bars will help a ton... and I'd consider a 28" tire given that converter, it never liked a short tire when I ran one.
Yea I think I'm going to ditch these tires. They don't seem to be the best for my setup traction or not.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are you launching? What rpm? How do you do your burn out?

These EC's are bitch to get to hook. A lot of things have to be right for them to hook. I have yet to figure out what all those things are though.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
How are you launching? What rpm? How do you do your burn out?

These EC's are bitch to get to hook. A lot of things have to be right for them to hook. I have yet to figure out what all those things are though.
I can't do a big burnout at all. I thought I broke my rear end last night doing a normal burnout in the waterbox and getting horrible wheel hop and hearing a nasty metal sound. Everything seems alright though so hopefully it was nothing.

I've tried launching at 2500 rpm, 2000, 1000, and off idle. All were between 2.10-2.15 60' times.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Let me know man. I'll definitely be interested in that. Let me know how much you're wanting for them and I'll see if I can swing it. Also do you know a guy named Jerry from Lawton. He has a white 03 silverado with a 150 shot. We talked for a bit last night and he said he knew you. That was the guy I was talking about running 8.3s

yea i know him, he came to our dyno day last year.. hes on here.. his wife offered me a bj to drive my truck.. im going to be doing these soon.. i havent looked at the frame much, id like to make them where they bolt on. and be adjustable up and down..ill just have to see when i get to that piont
Old 04-25-2009, 11:17 PM
9 Second Truck Club

yea i know him, he came to our dyno day last year.. hes on here.. his wife offered me a bj to drive my truck.. im going to be doing these soon.. i havent looked at the frame much, id like to make them where they bolt on. and be adjustable up and down..ill just have to see when i get to that piont
Did you take her up on the offer?

I had to cut the bumpstop almost all the way off so it wouldn't hit and unload the tires. What does your 3600 stall flash to? Why not try 28" slicks for more sidewall.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try some 28's on it..

Quick Reply: More Crappy 60' Results