Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

NA stock block hemi runs 12.88@107

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowprocess
You knew I'd be sneaking in here eventually. I've been keeping an eye on it, and it was just starting to get alittle too serious in here for my taste. What have you been modding on lately?

I work for a company that sells hemi performance parts. We have a 6.1 hemi that we bored and stroked to 426, with our new heads, custom cam, ported intake and its making 626 crank hp and 638 crank tq. SHould be in the 12's once we get it in, just need a little more funds to finish paying for it. Check us out at www.powerported.com
Old 05-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rgvsierra
are you talking stock cubed hemi's making it into the 11's?
Possibly, it will be a streach for a stock bottom end because of valve train limitations and the pistons are weak but it may happen. The bigger engines will be able to do it with less RPM so they will be the first to break 11's
Old 05-01-2007, 10:09 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i dont understand why we are stil calling them hemi's when they are bored, stroked, forged etc etc...somebody clarify for me please. we dont call a 408 an lq4 or lq9 because its not that anymore. im i thinking wrong?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:50 AM

The 'hemi' refers to the hemispherical cylinder head with the plug in the middle coming through the valve cover. By that definition my 2007 Toyota Sequoia has a 4.7 liter HEMI headed engine LOL.

Dodge licensed the name HEMI although Ford my have came out with the design first.

Our new Dodge/Chrysler Hemi's are not true Hemi's (in my opinion) because they don't have a single plug in the center of each combustion chamber. They have two plugs per cylinder and they are spaced out.

No matter what we change as long as the plugs come through the valve covers into the center of the cylinder head Hemi is the correct name.

Jeff
Old 05-01-2007, 10:59 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its funny cause most 4bangers are hemi's

tis a bandwagon term that mopar ppl get woodys about

heres another one...you guys talk that smack about dodge this and dodge that.....why is it that GM is suppose to buy dodge??? bye bye daimlerchrystler and hello GMchrystler
Old 05-01-2007, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Quik
its funny cause most 4bangers are hemi's

tis a bandwagon term that mopar ppl get woodys about

heres another one...you guys talk that smack about dodge this and dodge that.....why is it that GM is suppose to buy dodge??? bye bye daimlerchrystler and hello GMchrystler
The hemi head design is the most effiecent design, its not funny its just plain smart. But I did laugh when I opened the hood on my 2001 Nissan and saw the plugs in a row throught the top of the head :-)

Yeah us mopar guys get all excited, its hard for me to say hemi without a smile on my face.

You could be right on that but I had heard only Chrysler brand was for sale? Daimler was keeping Dodge? Either way its fine with me. I'm not really brand loyal. I buy the most amount of performance that fits my budget. Besides you know you Chevy guys wouldn't mind have a 392 cubic inch Hemi in your 1500's LOL.

Jeff
Old 05-01-2007, 11:11 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hemiwoods
The hemi head design is the most effiecent design, its not funny its just plain smart. But I did laugh when I opened the hood on my 2001 Nissan and saw the plugs in a row throught the top of the head :-)

Yeah us mopar guys get all excited, its hard for me to say hemi without a smile on my face.

You could be right on that but I had heard only Chrysler brand was for sale? Daimler was keeping Dodge? Either way its fine with me. I'm not really brand loyal. I buy the most amount of performance that fits my budget. Besides you know you Chevy guys wouldn't mind have a 392 cubic inch Hemi in your 1500's LOL.

Jeff
why would i go less cubes?
as for funny, i was stating since most brag about being a when that design has been around for many years. you know what im saying. soon as dodge labled the new motors as hemi's when the design was being used for many decades

its a selling point thats all it is. yes it means something but again its a selling point to get the joe dirt's out of wood work and buy Dem "Hemi's"
Old 05-01-2007, 11:23 AM

[QUOTE=Quik]why would i go less cubes?

Yeah I forgot you have a 408 or something Well we have a 426 you might be interested in then.

LOL on the Joe Dirts!! Oh wait is that me crap now its not as funny

You can't possibly want to argue about the hemispherical head not being the best head design?

Jeff
Old 05-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Launching!

the new hemi is great in that it has 1hp per cu in compared to the 360 it replaced that only had 250hp. Thats where I get happy.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

congrats PH - great runs!!

As for everyone doubting you, don't sweat it. Happened to me too lol Just do this

Quick Reply: NA stock block hemi runs 12.88@107