Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

NA stock block hemi runs 12.88@107

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jimmie, watching the fun, eh!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:23 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 392STU
Two bottles? I like the way you think.

Deep south is Mexico and I'm not even bringing the shop truck down there. I doubt Scott would either. Due to all the TX trucks it's probablly going to happen at HRP this time, im guessing, because with all this e-sparing it just has to happen soon. I think we'll be out at the SRT thing in Aug and another thing in Tn just before that so we could set something up.

on the cams, anything over about 220 duration is pretty tough to make idle even with a piggyback, there are also valve/piston clearance issues about at that point depending on LSA and installation centerline. The 6.1 is worse, a comp 268 is about the biggest thing you can safely install with the stock pistons. We can't get anything remotely close to those cam specks into a hemi for a multitude of reasons, rockers, valve to piston, retainer to seal, springs, computer. Not making excuses because I don't think I need to just stating some issues, all engines have them. Most can be dealt with given enough money. Personally, it think the hemis are ready to come out and play.
i see well count me out since thats no where near close to me but have fund

that sucks on the limits to the cams nd etc
Old 05-02-2007, 12:32 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR
I think this is him in another post:

I went back to the track sunday, and I decided to take my ram and TBSS. The weather was not real good about 82 degrees and about a 5 mph headwind. The DA figured anywhere from 1700-1900'. The only mods on my TBSS are, superchips, and I made a tube that uses the scoop on the front to blow cool air onto the filter. It ran a 13.60@101.27. Here's the video for it.( I love it when people don't know what a TBSS is, if you listen you can hear people laughing cause there's a trailblazer going to run) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellow_loser.gif)
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n...ent=TBSSvs.flv

My ram ran a new best of 13.32@101.74. DAC time was 13.07@103.76, I really think when the weather cools back off that I'll be able to meet my goal of 12.99 or faster. I ran against a procharged silverado on this run, he was also running stickies. I talked to him a little and he had just put a bigger intercooler on and for some reason his truck wasn't running quite as good as it usually does. If you look in the video you can see it under the front bumper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30uHJ_u_3gQ

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)
nope. thats definately not badblackhemi's truck
Old 05-02-2007, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

nope, that's proud hemi's truck. but just for comparison, we have the exact same mods and year model. he also sent me his tune for his cam (comp 268, same as me) so after i install that, and fix the BAD header leak i have at the heads, the truck should be running better. im only hoping for around a 13.2 n/a and an 11.9 on spray in the cold weather b/c i'm too lazy to do extensive weight reduction. my truck with me in it weighs around 5000lbs!!

btw, i'm selling the truck after it get's tuned. you can easily drive it as a DD now, it doesnt stall out anymore, but there's more power on the table to be had. the truck really does need about a 3200 stall on it though.
Someone PLEASE buy my truck so i can start on my chevy project!!! LOL
help a brother to the dark side. haha
Old 05-02-2007, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

if this chevy v. dodge match goes down someone should contact the guy on dtw with the dodge truck that has the 528 hemi swapped in. I think his name is quickd100 or something.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:50 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackhemi
nope, that's proud hemi's truck. but just for comparison, we have the exact same mods and year model. he also sent me his tune for his cam (comp 268, same as me) so after i install that, and fix the BAD header leak i have at the heads, the truck should be running better. im only hoping for around a 13.2 n/a and an 11.9 on spray in the cold weather b/c i'm too lazy to do extensive weight reduction. my truck with me in it weighs around 5000lbs!!

btw, i'm selling the truck after it get's tuned. you can easily drive it as a DD now, it doesnt stall out anymore, but there's more power on the table to be had. the truck really does need about a 3200 stall on it though.
thats guna be sweet. james has a trans am now, and brian is selling off his jeeps to get a camaro. kevin moved to austin with his cammed lq9 camaro...theres a new dodge in town that we need to teach whats up. grey scsb had the ***** to throw a rev at me passing the other direction. it sounded damn nice though. cam goes in next week
Old 05-02-2007, 06:08 AM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by badblackhemi

Hey Bad, I saw in another post awhile back your truck has a complete SRT-10 bodykit? Man I swear a month or two back I saw you at BestBuy in the Woodlands. I was pulling out of the parking lot when a black SRT-10 truck was pulling in...and I was thinking to myself "that sure as heck does not sound like a viper motor" lol (sounded better).
Old 05-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hemiwoods
Man thats a great idea!

Here I am in AZ and your all the way up in PA. Plus your truck would kick my trucks *** unless I run nitrous.

Theres a super fast Hemi in OK, LA, VA and MN. I'm sure they wouldn't mind helping you out with that tail between your legs request LOL
My truck is down because JE doesnt know how to make pistons for long stroke cranks NOT because its a chevy motor or my engine building skills arent up to par. Im in TX so these "fast" guys in OK and LA I could concievably get a race with them. I know I said I was done but this is just too much fun stirring the **** pot.

I agree so far the 6.0s arent impressive for the more cubes they have over the 5.3s, Im not really sure why they arent putting down the numbers, they are getting faster just like ya'll there are a couple tickling the 11s but they have heads so...

There are 2 5.3s with stock heads in the 12.50 range and a couple more only a few tenths behind.

The Hemis do seem to respond well to just bolt ons, I wont argue that. To my knowledge TxSilverado has the fasest bolt on truck at a hair over 13.0 but he has a 5.7 but then again he is an extended cab, there are too many factors to really get a good comparison.

Im a realist and I dont "hate" a specific brand, its just ya'll are acting like this truck is teh best thing since sliced bread. Its impressive for a Hemi but not for what "we" are running with less modded setups and less cubes.

I go up to Dallas all the time maybe this guy in OK would like to hook up and run, Ill be on the road in about a month and a half, street or track it doesnt matter to me. Win or lose its all in good fun in the end, Im not someone who is so brand loyal as to spoil the fun, especially when its a race between trucks, now car guys on the other hand...

Honestly my truck "should" click off a 10 second pass on boost alone but we will see, bench racing only goes so far, you can bet as soon as I break in the motor AGAIN it will hit the track.

Take it easy Hemi guys, in case you havent noticed most of us are just giving ya'll a hard time, most of us arent serious but some are.

I dont know if I missed it or not but is there going to be a "real" tuning solution for ya'll any time soon?
Old 05-02-2007, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by 392STU
You know, thats not a bad idea. I'll have the engine for our 100,000 plus mile shop truck back together in a couple of weeks. Give us another couple to iron it out and tune, were in the Austin area. I'm sure Brad will make a trip down for a good race too maybe a few others. What do ya think maybe Enis? Or if you want to stay more local Little river?
Hey I forgot you are in Austin. You have a shop up in RR right? I would love to come by and see what the enemy is up too.

You think you could set me up with some races with some "fast" Hemis in a month or two? WOuld be some fun, you know there is a big *** straight away over on the new 130 toll road right? Its almost 2 miles of nice straight level highway.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by kkd60
going buy the fastest truck list on this website, there are only 3 chevys running faster than a 12.50 NA in a 6.0 or smaller. You can compare the larger motors to Stu's 414 that will be running within the month.
You cant go by the FTL hardly anyone updates their times in there, I have never posted and I have over 100 passes with my various setups I have had.

Quick Reply: NA stock block hemi runs 12.88@107