Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

NA stock block hemi runs 12.88@107

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 392STU
Two bottles? I like the way you think.

Deep south is Mexico and I'm not even bringing the shop truck down there. I doubt Scott would either. Due to all the TX trucks it's probablly going to happen at HRP this time, im guessing, because with all this e-sparing it just has to happen soon. I think we'll be out at the SRT thing in Aug and another thing in Tn just before that so we could set something up.

on the cams, anything over about 220 duration is pretty tough to make idle even with a piggyback, there are also valve/piston clearance issues about at that point depending on LSA and installation centerline. The 6.1 is worse, a comp 268 is about the biggest thing you can safely install with the stock pistons. We can't get anything remotely close to those cam specks into a hemi for a multitude of reasons, rockers, valve to piston, retainer to seal, springs, computer. Not making excuses because I don't think I need to just stating some issues, all engines have them. Most can be dealt with given enough money. Personally, it think the hemis are ready to come out and play.
Ill run whatever you can dig up Aug is PERFECT for me, hell we can even run in Austin. Is it going to "unfair" since Im running boost, you can run all the hose you want. Ill only be running 10#s of boost and a baby cam 218/222 on a stock 80e stall so I would think it would be "fair" if ya'll were spraying. Im just ready to run some fast trucks
Old 05-02-2007, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not all trucks/times are listed on the fastest truck list. Mine so far has gone 12.40 N/A. Stock 6.0L, 224 cam, bolt ons, hand ported/polished stock heads.

I'll be happy to meet up with anyone local for a test comparison, but it will have to be in the fall. I'm in the process of swapping cam and intake setup. I think it would be fun as hell to get up a little brand on brand competition. We've tried it before, but most people backed out at the last minute.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the northern Hemi's, I have my own shindig and the track day for it is July 20. Stop on up, have some fun, and race some Chevy's. My 5.3L will be hapy to play with the 5.7L's. Everyone will be nice and the track is good, bring'm up.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Honestly, I didn't purchase my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 because it was the fastest truck and had the best motor on the market. I bought it because IMO it had the nicest body style out there. Getting the optional Hemi was a no brainer. As time passed I started looking into performance parts. Little after that I noticed Mother Mopar was not letting any PCM info out and thats when I kicked myself in the *** and said, "Damm, maybe I should have gotten a Cheby" Odviously, Cheby's are a heck of a lot lighter and easier to make fast. But where is the fun in just having another modified Cheby. IMO its just like the dime a dosen Mustang GT. Everyone has one so whats the point. So I "Dared to be Different" and stuck with the headache of trying to modify a Ram. I get so much more satisfaction out of making this pain in the *** truck faster. Belive me, the PCM has fought me the whole way there. And its still fighting.

I'm actually very proud of where the modern Hemi is heading now a days. We have come a long way. Just think of what can be possible with real tuning options.

PH
Old 05-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Hey I forgot you are in Austin. You have a shop up in RR right? I would love to come by and see what the enemy is up too.

You think you could set me up with some races with some "fast" Hemis in a month or two? WOuld be some fun, you know there is a big *** straight away over on the new 130 toll road right? Its almost 2 miles of nice straight level highway.
Yeh we should be running in about a month, would be sooner but I'm really stacked up on stroker engines. We could run at little river or SA for the lights. I'm sure we can get some more guys down for some racing. Stop by anytime. I work a day job still but my partner Scott is full time at the shop.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by PlatinumHemi
Honestly, I didn't purchase my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 because it was the fastest truck and had the best motor on the market. I bought it because IMO it had the nicest body style out there. Getting the optional Hemi was a no brainer. As time passed I started looking into performance parts. Little after that I noticed Mother Mopar was not letting any PCM info out and thats when I kicked myself in the *** and said, "Damm, maybe I should have gotten a Cheby" Odviously, Cheby's are a heck of a lot lighter and easier to make fast. But where is the fun in just having another modified Cheby. IMO its just like the dime a dosen Mustang GT. Everyone has one so whats the point. So I "Dared to be Different" and stuck with the headache of trying to modify a Ram. I get so much more satisfaction out of making this pain in the *** truck faster. Belive me, the PCM has fought me the whole way there. And its still fighting.

PH
respectable
Old 05-02-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Holy hell at the drama and wet panties! I made it to post 100 before I couldn't stand any more. PlatinumHemi, thanks for sharing your info and you have one very respectable truck.

Now to all of you BS flag thowers and wanna be's why don't you get off the forum every now and then and get out in the garage and worry about how fast your **** is ranther than worrying about someone else! DAMN!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

What's a cheby?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:52 PM

So am I a BS flag thrower or a wanna be... just to make sure I'm pissed off at the right comment LOL

Nice truck Gibbs! How did you end up with a 370 is that the stock cubes for a 6.0 or do you have a stroker motor?

Jeff
Old 05-02-2007, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by slowprocess
What's a cheby?
jew no man... is a cheby car

Quick Reply: NA stock block hemi runs 12.88@107