Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

New best

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motorider, Do you do any track prep? I air my front tires to 50/55lbs, air my back tires to 16/20lbs. Pull tailgate, spare tire, and empty out behind seats.Pull my filters off if the sand isn't blowing, I have duel CAI. I pull Fuze to disable ABS. I am not fast enough to use it to disable the speed limiter. On 1/4 mile tracks(very seldom) I cover the front of the radiator area with cardboard for air flow, It works! The cardboard doesn't work too well on the 1/8th mile. Just a bunch of racer tricks. I think the 5000/6000 mile and your truck is faster myth did not work on my truck. It has always been fast. I have driven it hard and fast since day one.

You just have to keep workin at it. Finnaly it looks like the weather is going to let up this weekend and I can make my first run of the year. This track is eight miles from home and a 1/8th mile, at 2900ft. Will post what i run. Looking for 9.40 to 9.60s. Track will be slick on first run of the year.

'goat
Old 02-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

No I haven't done any track prep like that, all road trim. I'm afraid to air down my tires because i don't want a blow out since I'm still on the stock tires. Does the tail gate off really work? I have heard mixed reactions. How do you start? What do you stall up too and do you just nail it once you start going?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

When I launch,I just nail it most of time. Sometimes I might at 1500 rpms. Tail gate removal is for weight and pick up a little bit of time. One of my way of doing things don't amount to much, but with them all, add up to a lot. Air up front tires to lower resistance. Even with street tires(stock) I have learned over the years to drop pressure down to 16/20 lbs. All of these things have been proven in test run after test run. They all show up on my time slips. I have way more runs on stock rear tires than with street DRs.

Most of time I leave OD/ON. Some times(very few), I will run in OD/OFF. For my way of running, OD/ON works best.

Motorider, the best way for you to learn, are anyone else, is to go to track and make run after run, to find out the best and quickest way for your truck to run. Make a couple of runs, change to another "trick", and see what that does to your time. I don't really think you will blow out a tire. I normally drive 7-8 miles back from track with low air pressure! I also drive with 50/55 lbs in front tires most of time, yeah, it is rough riding!

By the way, I am 69, been on/off of track since i was 14. Still having a BALL.
Will drive 2200 miles round trip just to T&T on the coast!

'goat
Old 02-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the info Goat, I will take some of your help into consideration as obviously you know what you're talking about. I am just 19 and haven't been driving for so long so I like getting input from guys who actually know how to drive their vehicles haha.