Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

New Best

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
+1 DAMN IT
You certainly raised the bar again.
Lol, it is kinda like trying to hold a greased pig isn't it Well congradulations on a great new best time, i guess I'm going to have to get to work!
Thanks Bro. Where would the world be without a little competition?
Old 09-29-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice times!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:14 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats bro!! You really have your truck moving!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, between you and Parish, you guys tested those stock Firestone's for sure. Congrats, you've worked for it...
Old 09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by zippy
Man, between you and Parish, you guys tested those stock Firestone's for sure. Congrats, you've worked for it...
Thanks again everyone! Props from some major HP guys here and its much appreciated. I couldn't have done what I have without all the great resources here at PT.Net

Parish pushed them a heck of lot further than I ever will. Guess that's what surprised me, knowing how far Jim pushed them. I never dreamed it would get loose like it did. I definitely have a new respect for the truck and will never get complacent at the line again. Debating leaving them on for my next track meet at MIR.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Time for DRs on all four corners
Old 10-02-2007, 05:36 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

could you post up the scan of the fastest pass or a screen shot so that I can see what the converter flash looks like.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blown06
could you post up the scan of the fastest pass or a screen shot so that I can see what the converter flash looks like.
Here ya go. A screen shot with the ticker at 1mph.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:49 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks good, but I have a question about your IAT's. I'm not real familiar with the radix/alky set-ups, but my procharger/alky set-up sees a big reduction in IAT's once in boost. Your IAT's don't seem to drop at all. What's up with that.

Also, I'm fairly new to tuning so don't flame me, but what is Burst Ret and Knock Learn?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blown06
Looks good, but I have a question about your IAT's. I'm not real familiar with the radix/alky set-ups, but my procharger/alky set-up sees a big reduction in IAT's once in boost. Your IAT's don't seem to drop at all. What's up with that.

Also, I'm fairly new to tuning so don't flame me, but what is Burst Ret and Knock Learn?
Good questions and no worries, no flaming here.

IAT's- Keep in mind that these are with ALKY, Nitrous and W2A intercooler. IAT sensor post boost. From all of my mods about all I've managed to do is keep IAT's at about where they were with 5-6psi of boost. At 9-10psi and spinning the blower so hard to get there I am assuming. So many people report much better IAT's than I can do but I have honestly seen little to no improvements after alky and nitrous. Beginning to think I need to look at my IAT sensor to make sure its working properly and possibly fit one of the fast response units.

Burst Retard : A PCM routine that looks at big transitions in airflow and depending on tables will pull timing to deter knock.

Knock Learn : A PCM routine that looks at KR long term. More KR longterm will decrease the KL value. No KR longterm will increase the KL value. 1 max and 0 minimum. Depending on KL value timing will Bias between the High Octane table and Low Octane table values. It's the routine that adjusts timing should you get a bad tank of gas.

Both Knock learn and Burst Retard, along with IAT can modify final advance. In this run you see my final advance start dropping, its not KR nor Burst Knock doing it. Its the IAT pulling it down as it climbs. This can be tuned in the IAT spark table.

Last edited by KySilverado; 10-03-2007 at 11:20 AM.