Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

new best...need opinions on nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:26 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by truckahaulic
haha yeah thats me! Yeah i was footbraking the camaro, that was my first time to index race it with its new setup lol i dont know if i adapted to the car fast or it was luck! I've been bracket racing my truck for about 3 years now so i guess that helped me. It was fun though either way..haha I had to run 2 transbrake cars my first two rounds of eliminations, but the 2nd guy i ran broke out so got the win! Thanks! I hope my pops lets me be his driver again. That .500 light really helps us footbreakers out before it was .400 tree and only transbrake cars won that class before the change.
what kind of r/t's were you getting on the foot brake with the 500?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:41 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flaco
just spray it off the line stew....it will hook
Originally Posted by TXsilverado
haha maybe im looking at it wrong...f-it theres only one way to find out haha. ill spray 100 out of the hole and if it doesnt hook ill work my way down instead of up
Im sure Flaco knows plenty more than I do, but when Im on motor I pull 2.1 60' spinning, but on spray 2.0 with little to know spinning. I spray as soon as my foot floors it, no progressive controller, no WOT switch.

You never know, you may still hook the same, give it a try.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
Im sure Flaco knows plenty more than I do, but when Im on motor I pull 2.1 60' spinning, but on spray 2.0 with little to know spinning. I spray as soon as my foot floors it, no progressive controller, no WOT switch.

You never know, you may still hook the same, give it a try.
planning on it

hey i just checked the nitrous/fuel calculator on the ny-trex site and it says for a 100 shot i need the .052 and .028 jets...the sheet that came with my nitrous outlet plate says to use the .052 and .033 jets for a 100 shot so thats what i am running. would that make me run slower?
Old 04-08-2009, 01:32 AM

oh and i guess ill throw this in...a little flat black on the solenoids and nitrous/fuel lines and it should blend right in.....one of those hidden right in front of your face installs haha. its crazy what a little loom and removing the chrome NX stickers can do to hide it. ill finish it off with a nice coat of flat black to get rid of all of the red/blue/chrome.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Running a higher number fuel jet means a richer A/F using the same nitrous jet.
If you throw a .028 jet in there from a .032,you a/f will be leaner than it is now.
Never change the jets without the wideband.
The recommened jets that most companys recommend will have you on the richer side with stock tuning.They do this for a good reason.
To rich is never good,but to lean and detination will cause problems quik
If you have a custom tune,talk with your tuner before attempting to mess with the jets settings.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Wheatley
If you have a custom tune,talk with your tuner before attempting to mess with the jets settings.
ok...charlie, do you think it would help the power or get rid of this slight hesitation on the initial hit if i put the .028 jet in there over the .033
Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL smart ***
I will call you about that
ok...charlie, do you think it would help the power or get rid of this slight hesitation on the initial hit if i put the .028 jet in there over the .033
Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 AM
8 Second Club

you can change jets without even messing with the tune....all you gotta do is read the plugs
Old 04-08-2009, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Flaco
you can change jets without even messing with the tune....all you gotta do is read the plugs
buuuuut the safest bet would be to throw it on a wideband and make sure everything is safe haha. ill go the sissy route nitrous is still scarry to me
Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 PM
8 Second Club

buuuuut the safest bet would be to throw it on a wideband and make sure everything is safe haha. ill go the sissy route nitrous is still scarry to me
you can do that also, but some guys prefer to read plugs...reading plugs tells you how your tune-up is.... rich or lean...( nitrous that is)

good luck spraying away, i guess you dont need any opinions then, you got it figured out....
hope you get it right....

Quick Reply: new best...need opinions on nitrous