Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

New PB today 06 Dodge 5.7 hemi QC 12.07 @ 110.38 mph

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 03:45 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No adustable shocks here. just tired OEM ones lol.
ep it definately doing the caltrac float. I see that al the time on drag cars but they are one heck of a lot lighter in the front end... I'v got over 3000 lbs on thefront tires

For comparison here's a vid of my launch without caltracs
what you call chit and git mode.
(of course it helped that I had 60 lbs worth of tailgate on her)

Think I just need to tweak a balance between the 2 and end up with a more rear drop at the launch bur retain the slow lowering affect of the caltracs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iskUqoEdsl8
Old 03-07-2011, 04:35 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

when your bed seperates from the axle, it means the axle is being forced down to the pavement for more traction. it also means that your pinion angle is probably in better control. from what ive seen/played with, your truck is see-sawing for 2 reasons. your truck is long and heavy (cant change that). and your rear shocks need to be firmer to control the suspension(can fix that). i fought the front end diving for months. tried different front shocks/settings blah blah thinking my rear end was unloading because the front end would drop. come to find out, my front was diving and giving my truck the see-saw effect because my rear shocks couldnt control what was going on out back. firmed it all up with adjustable shocks and lost that see-saw effect. it never hurts to give it a shot. i gave the same advice to wheatley and it put his launch under control without the use of cal-tracs. just firmed up adjustable shocks. his intentions was to swap his front shocks to a 90/10. now he is perfectly satisfied with his stock front shocks.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:20 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Yep 90/10 might be in my future.. it just a mess to use them they don't actually make one that fits the truck and it takes a bit of makeshift stuff to get em to fit and play nice.

Ive got Calvert getting ready to look at the install pics (the supplied rod is too long for my application) and look the launch vids to advise on how to better get it working.
Really I don't think there are many stock suspension rams running the caltracs it's mostly lowered trucks with flip kits which is a very different geometry
Old 03-07-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RandTx
Thanks
A 100 hot on progressive starting at either 65 or 70% about 3 tenths after launch.

I was hoping I could repeat my 7.59 1/8 from last Wednesday ( or better with the new caltracs) and drop into the 11's but, you know... seems like anything I do starts with a step back before I can manage to tweak it, learn how to drive it all over again, and move forward.
Fortunately had real nice near zero DA air tonight.
Weather & temps in particular?

What all is done besides 100 shot & Caltracs for traction? Very nice R/T BTW. Wow, these new Rams are a force to be reckoned w/., more & more so everyday. Congrats on nice runs!

Oh, looks like SST rims on there. Yes?

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
thats exactly what cal-tracs are supposed to do. the trick is to find the sweet spot where it doesnt seperate too fast, or come back down too fast. what i noticed on the 2nd video is the bed looks like it's bouncing up and down. if you have adjustable shocks, try firming them up a few clicks and see what happens.
What Stew said on how Caltracs work.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

nice times man, good to see the crew cabs getting it done, i wish i had your 60ft, im still stuck in the 2.0s. ha
Old 03-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Launching!

Awesome videos! That big bad hemi sounds pretty good!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice run!

What size radials are those?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:54 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Weather & temps in particular?

What all is done besides 100 shot & Caltracs for traction? Very nice R/T BTW. Wow, these new Rams are a force to be reckoned w/., more & more so everyday. Congrats on nice runs!

Oh, looks like SST rims on there. Yes?

What Stew said on how Caltracs work.
run data and mods are here
http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Ram-1...lip-21730.html
50deg -50 DA
yes SST rims
widened to 10 inches in the rear to better fit with the M&H 390-40-17s
Old 03-16-2011, 05:03 AM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is this the truck I saw at Northster last year? If so I remember talking to you.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That damn Dodge is bad-*** !! Keep at it !

Quick Reply: New PB today 06 Dodge 5.7 hemi QC 12.07 @ 110.38 mph