Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

New times

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New times

Im not sure if im in the right section but i was wondering what you guess thought i might pick up with the new 228r and tune. its already in a running good. its not what i thought it would be but still better that stock. previous best is 8.8 on motor 7.8 on a 150 shot. this is in the 1/8th of course. is it possible to see a half second gain with cam and tune?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice times for sure but to pick up a half second is asking alot from your set up. You are around the point where your going to hit a wall with times. You will get aggrivated and pissed with it. Good luck with your goals.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KDavis04ss
Im not sure if im in the right section but i was wondering what you guess thought i might pick up with the new 228r and tune. its already in a running good. its not what i thought it would be but still better that stock. previous best is 8.8 on motor 7.8 on a 150 shot. this is in the 1/8th of course. is it possible to see a half second gain with cam and tune?
I would think you would be happy with 2-3 tenths from the cam\tune
Old 07-07-2010, 03:26 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, 2-3 tenths n/a maybe more with the juice. I would put a split in the duration if it were me, or do you already have it in?
Old 07-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Get that tune Kyle and we'll go find out!! lol
Old 07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

im trying trevor ha. Rodneys still gonna tweak a few things for me. its not a split duration cam. i know it would have been better for spraying but oh well its already in now. I guess i would be pleased if i can run mid 8s motor. its amazing all the money and time we've put in this truck and still havn't even gained a whole second on motor yet. ran a 9.6 bone stock. ha this hobbies too expensive.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Launching!

You should be able to hit 8.50s on motor and 7.50s on spray. If you're looking at getting the max out of your setup, maybe consider a stand alone fuel system for your nitrous so you can run race gas and more timing. A buddy of mine back in statesboro is running a BIG shot with the camaro stand alone fuel system from nitro daves.

I ended up going to Gainesville last night and my truck ran like donkey crap! The best I could run was a 13.6 but couldn't figure out why. It seemed like it still had a vacuum leak so when i got home i pulled the wastegate to find it had a broken seal (causing a vacuum leak). My truck sees more shop time than it does street/track time ha.

Last edited by DoubleTrouble; 07-08-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Resident

you need to turn the boost up on that thing. ha sorry to hear about that. thats a pretty long drive just to find out somethings wrong. you shouldn't have any problems hitting 12s with some cooler weather and running right. i know that turbo hates 95 degree heat lol
Old 07-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Launching!

Yeah I'll be turning the boost up before too long, just have a couple of other things I want to get straight first. My goal for the truck is for the time slip person to tell me "put a cage in".. lol but I'll see where I'm at once I get my wastegate put back in
Old 07-09-2010, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble
Yeah I'll be turning the boost up before too long, just have a couple of other things I want to get straight first. My goal for the truck is for the time slip person to tell me "put a cage in".. lol but I'll see where I'm at once I get my wastegate put back in
I couldnt agree anymore.... I be smiling ear to ear to get kicked out of track because of no cage!

Quick Reply: New times