Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

New times with new 408... very disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While deciding on the specs for the short block I came up with 15lbs of boost as a goal. After blowing up the 6 liter and having to buy a new motor I wanted to play it safe and not blow up the new one. At least not yet.

I use pcm4less for tuning. After looking at the logs he said I'm going pretty lean. I'm running siemen 60lb injectors. My fuel pressure is dropping a little. I guess I have to do some research on fuel pumps now.

Thanks for your replies.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would expect you need bigger injectors and a bigger pump. You are north of 500hp as you sit. I would get 96lbs injectors and the biggest pump you can manage.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gamble686
I would expect you need bigger injectors and a bigger pump. You are north of 500hp as you sit. I would get 96lbs injectors and the biggest pump you can manage.
I hope I don't need new injectors.
My logs show 67% injector duty. I do run the inline pump that came with the Vortech kit.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 PM
TECH Junkie

considered meth?
Old 06-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would possibly change to a new tuner as well, not sure how they are tuning. Do they offer auto cal, where they can see what is going on why making runs, or just going on it based of of what you are telling them about the set up? Needs more boost also, tune dialed in for sure. With the loss of the compression, you will not hurt it by upping the boost. It can often times get aggravating, but stay at it, you will have a easy low 11 second truck once things are dialed in.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slowec
considered meth?
I never really considered it. I don't know anything about it.

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I would possibly change to a new tuner as well, not sure how they are tuning. Do they offer auto cal, where they can see what is going on why making runs, or just going on it based of of what you are telling them about the set up? Needs more boost also, tune dialed in for sure. With the loss of the compression, you will not hurt it by upping the boost. It can often times get aggravating, but stay at it, you will have a easy low 11 second truck once things are dialed in.
For tuning, I email him logs and he tunes me in person. I've given too many tuners my money and they stop returning emails real quick. Or it takes 8 weeks for a reply. It's nice to have someone local.
It seems like I have a lot of tweaking to do, also tuning.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I think you have some running issues as well. My tuner is great. Believe me there is alot more left in that engine.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

For your engine's sake, get away from PCM4less....

You need an in-person, custom tune for that thing and some dyno time. I'm assuming you aren't ready to throw your hands up since you've got plenty of time invested. I believe with meth, more timing/tuning, fuel system, better air, you'll get where you want. That's where I would start.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
for your engine's sake, get away from pcm4less....

You need an in-person, custom tune for that thing and some dyno time. I'm assuming you aren't ready to throw your hands up since you've got plenty of time invested. I believe with meth, more timing/tuning, fuel system, better air, you'll get where you want. That's where i would start.
yep ^^^^
Old 06-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
For your engine's sake, get away from PCM4less....

You need an in-person, custom tune for that thing and some dyno time. I'm assuming you aren't ready to throw your hands up since you've got plenty of time invested. I believe with meth, more timing/tuning, fuel system, better air, you'll get where you want. That's where I would start.
Bryan does tune my truck in person. Do you think he's really that bad? He's the only person local. Like I said before, a lot of tuners have my money. There ok for a little while, then they just stop responding.

Could anybody recommend a fuel pump that would suit my needs?
Also, I'm really clueless about meth injection.

Thanks

Quick Reply: New times with new 408... very disappointed