Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

New times with new 408... very disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I missed it but whats your location?
Old 06-21-2013, 04:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Run a wideband always. Meth is racing alcohol. Very high octane and very cool. It can drop your iats in half on a really hot day. It is also a fuel source so you can play with your tune with nozzle sizes and adjustments. It gives you more fuel and a MUCH cooler air charge. Notice no boosted folks saying, yea I tried meth, it just was no good so I don't use it anymore. call Julio at ALKY-CONTROL. You have a lot of coin in your setup, considered tuning yourself?
Old 06-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Kemble
Maybe I missed it but whats your location?
Pittsburgh

Originally Posted by slowec
Run a wideband always. Meth is racing alcohol. Very high octane and very cool. It can drop your iats in half on a really hot day. It is also a fuel source so you can play with your tune with nozzle sizes and adjustments. It gives you more fuel and a MUCH cooler air charge. Notice no boosted folks saying, yea I tried meth, it just was no good so I don't use it anymore. call Julio at ALKY-CONTROL. You have a lot of coin in your setup, considered tuning yourself?
I installed a wideband last year. I wish I could do the tuning myself. I've read looked through my tune many times and read through tons of tuning threads. I still have no clue LOL

Looks like I'll have to do some reading on meth. Thanks for the info
Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmikeSS
Pittsburgh

I installed a wideband last year. I wish I could do the tuning myself. I've read looked through my tune many times and read through tons of tuning threads. I still have no clue LOL

Looks like I'll have to do some reading on meth. Thanks for the info
Since youre in Pittsburgh, have you heard of FJ Performance
Old 06-21-2013, 11:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you will need bigger injectors. What fuel pump do you have? You might want to consider twin 255's or a single 400 (a single 400 might even be small). I am not familiar with your supercharger, but what HP can it support? If you blew up a 6.0, I would jump to the conclusion that it was having high IAT's on a smaller engine. (Obviously I am just guessing at the IAT's) can you explain your setup a little more please? Also, what tuning software do you have? You will be able to get this engine running much better, don't worry.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ScreamingL
Since youre in Pittsburgh, have you heard of FJ Performance
I'm not familiar with FJ.

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
I think you will need bigger injectors. What fuel pump do you have? You might want to consider twin 255's or a single 400 (a single 400 might even be small). I am not familiar with your supercharger, but what HP can it support? If you blew up a 6.0, I would jump to the conclusion that it was having high IAT's on a smaller engine. (Obviously I am just guessing at the IAT's) can you explain your setup a little more please? Also, what tuning software do you have? You will be able to get this engine running much better, don't worry.
I have the stock intank pump and the inline pump that came with the Vortech kit. I'm not sure what HP the supercharger can support. I blew up the 6.0 last October. My IAT was only 82* before my last run. Last Saturday I was up to 138* at one point. I have HPtuners.
What else would you like to know about my setup?
Old 06-22-2013, 06:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, those temps arent high. It sounds like a tuning issue. Maybe you can post your tune and a log in the tuning section, and someone can straighten it out for you.

Do you know why the 6.0 blew up? If it was running lean, and it might have been with a stock pump, you surely dont want that happening to your 408. Make sure you have enough fuel. Boost, and going low on fuel do not work together. You are better to be rich.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
Yeah, those temps arent high. It sounds like a tuning issue. Maybe you can post your tune and a log in the tuning section, and someone can straighten it out for you.

Do you know why the 6.0 blew up? If it was running lean, and it might have been with a stock pump, you surely dont want that happening to your 408. Make sure you have enough fuel. Boost, and going low on fuel do not work together. You are better to be rich.
I'm not sure why it blew up. I've heard anything over 10lbs on the 6.0 could be too much. I've had this supercharger on for 7 years. Maybe it was long over due.
I definitely don't want this to happen to 408. My wife would kill me LOL.
I made a call about a twin Walbro 255 set up. I hope to get this done soon.

Thanks

Last edited by SSmikeSS; 06-25-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Spot on tune = long life
6.0's will last for years at 10-15 psi with good tunes.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:57 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

Why don't you get it on Bryans dyno? He developed an L31 tune years ago for a buddy. Ive never heard anything bad about his tuning. He does great in the LT1 world.

You lowered your CR, the only reason to do that is to be able to safely raise your boost. Once you do that, you'll be happy. There are boost/compression limits that have to be adhered to no matter what engine you run. If you have too high a static c/r on pump gas the engine will frag.

peace
Hog

Quick Reply: New times with new 408... very disappointed