Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

new times for the Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 09:56 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new times for the Z

i ended up taking the Z out to the track yesterday to see what it would do with the few mods i did to it.

2 months ago i ran it for the first time, the only mod i had done to it was a magnaflow muffler. with that it had ran 16.19@87. mind you this is @ 125k miles and stock 60E.

since then i added a cai and black bear 87 octane tune. i was happy with the results b/c of the much hotter temps i ran it in this time. i was able to pull off a best time of 15.81@89.

the next step will be some efans and see if i can get the times lower with cooler weather.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good deal Lance, looks like with similar weather to your original run there'll be a significant gain. Is this going to stay a DD truck? Do you use it as your tow rig too?
Old 06-27-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn, is it just me or is that MPH pretty damn good?

You really get to the track a lot dont you? Fun times.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:01 PM
11 Second Truck Club

thanks Jordan, that's what i'm thinking.
yes it's my DD and tow rig.
i would have ran Blue but it was too hot, waiting on my tru-cool 40K

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Damn, is it just me or is that MPH pretty damn good?

You really get to the track a lot dont you? Fun times.
yes the mph is pretty good i think, that is what a 2wd 5.3 rcsb traps stock. i'm crossing the traps at 6000 in 2nd gear (powerglide ftw haha) even made it to the semi finals.

yes every chance i get i like to go to the track and do what i do best. it's become sort of a family outing for us. just be sure to pack an ice chest
Old 06-27-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

Nice time, especially with the temps around here lately. What were your 60ft times in the Z? Since I've owned my truck it would run about .45 slower in the 1/4 during the summer months. DA was around 2300ft last night. FWIW, corrected ET/MPH is 15.35 @ 91mph

I finally got rid of the predator and add a vette servo. I had diablo sports make some changes in my predator tune, but it never seemed to be right. After having Earl tune it with HPT, it made a huge difference. My truck has never ran this good, it felt much much stronger in these hot temps and with his big a$$, LOL, in the passenger seat. Can't wait to get back to the track to see how it will run. It should do a bit better now that it's not launching with hardly no timing, the Throttle Position isn't dropping from 100% to 40% at shift poitns and pulling a shitload of timing at shift points. It ran 14.90s @ 90 with the predator on a night that the DA was around 2000ft. I'm hoping to get in the 14.70s.

Let me know next time you going to the track.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:57 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good time Lance,I have a damn good feeling it will only get better from here!!LOL Good Luck Buddy
Wheatley
Old 06-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good times. just watch out you may end up have 2 race trucks parked side by side.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:14 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by three83
Nice time, especially with the temps around here lately. What were your 60ft times in the Z? Since I've owned my truck it would run about .45 slower in the 1/4 during the summer months. DA was around 2300ft last night. FWIW, corrected ET/MPH is 15.35 @ 91mph

I finally got rid of the predator and add a vette servo. I had diablo sports make some changes in my predator tune, but it never seemed to be right. After having Earl tune it with HPT, it made a huge difference. My truck has never ran this good, it felt much much stronger in these hot temps and with his big a$$, LOL, in the passenger seat. Can't wait to get back to the track to see how it will run. It should do a bit better now that it's not launching with hardly no timing, the Throttle Position isn't dropping from 100% to 40% at shift poitns and pulling a shitload of timing at shift points. It ran 14.90s @ 90 with the predator on a night that the DA was around 2000ft. I'm hoping to get in the 14.70s.

Let me know next time you going to the track.
thanks Mason! i would have gave you notice but it was a last minute thing. the best 60' i think was 2.45, this is with 3.73's and the stock 265/70/17's. glad you got your truck running good with Earl, talked to some dudes with trucks at the track and Earl had tuned theirs.

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Good time Lance,I have a damn good feeling it will only get better from here!!LOL Good Luck Buddy
Wheatley
thanks Charlie. i would have went with you to have it tuned but eventually i want to get efilive. everyone asks me here who can tune their truck and i always mention your name.

Originally Posted by litreddevil
good times. just watch out you may end up have 2 race trucks parked side by side.
haha no joke Randy! i need to be careful of that
Old 06-28-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

I need to let you drive mine and see what you can get out of it.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Truck Sponsor

I will have EFILive very shortly.I will be using both HPT and EFI all the time
Thanks for all the support Lance

Quick Reply: new times for the Z