Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Pitt's NA 402 Video

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those are some awesome times...!!! but for you to be hitting those 60' like that with that small of a tire, it only means that your suspension is set up right and doing its job! maybe it is worth to get a nice setup like that...

congrats on the times...
Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ap2002
those are some awesome times...!!! but for you to be hitting those 60' like that with that small of a tire, it only means that your suspension is set up right and doing its job! maybe it is worth to get a nice setup like that...
That's what I'm saying! That's essentially a bolt on parallel 4 link. Typically parallel 4 links are left to guys with 'bags and not drag racing. But in this case, it seems to be working quite well.

Hey, pitt, what spring rate and shocks are you running in the back? That probably has to do with why it's hooking so hard on such a short tire. If you can get the 60fts into the 1.4's with a 28" tire, I'm sold!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that looks like kyles truck aka sportside. that things moving dude. nice runs. i was gonna go last sat to g ville but im just scared to break something right now lol
Old 01-21-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BadAssChevy327
that looks like kyles truck aka sportside.
pittman is his dad.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
That's what I'm saying! That's essentially a bolt on parallel 4 link. Typically parallel 4 links are left to guys with 'bags and not drag racing. But in this case, it seems to be working quite well.

Hey, pitt, what spring rate and shocks are you running in the back? That probably has to do with why it's hooking so hard on such a short tire. If you can get the 60fts into the 1.4's with a 28" tire, I'm sold!
Hey Vanil..
Yes this is Kyle's Silverado (aka Sportside) and I am his dad. He set this entire truck suspension up himself except for front shocks. The weird thing is, our last track day together with a new torquey cam... was giving way to a lot of wheel hop. Hence, I drop a new motor in (80 less lbs and 130 more rwhp) and change the front shocks and it now launches perfect. What gives I haven't a clue ??? I did re-align the rear axle to be square with the frame. I t was off a little...maybe a half inch ?
On the same tires it went from 12.88 to 11.49 then 11.17 with colder air and skinny's. I did **** another 20 lbs per wheel with the skinny's and took the front bumper off as well for that final number. The full interior and seat was left intact.

Front shocks\springs

Rear shocks set on softest setting

I am thinking hard about trying the M&H Cheater slicks..they are 11" x 30"
They may actually let me give it some throttle out of the hole and gear it down a little. I was running 17-18 psi in the lil-ET's. That is a lot of pressure. I launch with 11.5 on ET Streets with the vette.

Pitt
Old 01-22-2009, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BadAssChevy327
that looks like kyles truck aka sportside. that things moving dude. nice runs. i was gonna go last sat to g ville but im just scared to break something right now lol
Should have made it Bro...we had a great time. Awesome weather too !! Yes...Sportside lives again !
Pitt
Old 01-22-2009, 06:51 AM
TECH Addict

congrats on the times...
Thanks Bro.
Kyle also added some kind of rear sway bar..kind of heavy. I hope with some 30" slicks she may actually see some 1.4's.

Pitt
Old 01-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

the way that thing hooks makes me want to ditch these leaf springs so damn bad... Thats the KP bolt in 4 link right??

how adjustable is it? I'm looking at well over 600 to the wheels on a track tune up with the new motor.... the leafs just arent going to do it anymore im afraid...
Old 01-22-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

since your suspension is doing an awesome job as it is with the small e/t tire, i wouldnt go with a 30" tire, i think a 28" full slick will net you the best 60", with the 30" tire you might be killing your 60'???
Old 01-22-2009, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

since your suspension is doing an awesome job as it is with the small e/t tire, i wouldnt go with a 30" tire, i think a 28" full slick will net you the best 60", with the 30" tire you might be killing your 60'???
Very true. There just isn't much out there for a 16" x 10" rim.

Quick Reply: Pitt's NA 402 Video