Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Pitt's NA 402 Video

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Hoosier 28x10x16 full slicks
Old 01-22-2009, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
the way that thing hooks makes me want to ditch these leaf springs so damn bad... Thats the KP bolt in 4 link right??

how adjustable is it? I'm looking at well over 600 to the wheels on a track tune up with the new motor.... the leafs just arent going to do it anymore im afraid...
Yeah, KP 4-L. You can see in the pics above there is a lot of adjustment possibilities. I am not going to recommend for you to switch...but it works for me. I am very suprised myself by the sixty foot time and not really being able to give it any throttle off the line.

Pitt
Old 01-22-2009, 09:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the way that thing hooks makes me want to ditch these leaf springs so damn bad... Thats the KP bolt in 4 link right??

how adjustable is it? I'm looking at well over 600 to the wheels on a track tune up with the new motor.... the leafs just arent going to do it anymore im afraid...
The KP 4-link isn't adjustable at all. It could made a little bit adjustable by drilling some more holes, but I'm not sure how many holes you could get. Some new plates might have to fabricated. Also the links on the kp setup are only adjustable on one end, so pre-load adjustments and pinion angle adjustments are a little more difficult.

It's also a parallel 4-link which means it's IC length in infinite. This usually results in anti-squat well under 100%, causing the back end to squat and the front to rise. This might sound great, but higher anti-squat values can be beneficial because it provides the tires to be loaded and pushed into the pavement.

But I agree with you, in an EC, the instant center the leaf springs provide is ALL WRONG. It can work with RCs' 2ft shorter wheelbase, but I think its a hinderance in an EC.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hoosier 28x10x16 full slicks
thats what i have seen work best on a 16x10 wheel..
Old 01-22-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
The KP 4-link isn't adjustable at all. It could made a little bit adjustable by drilling some more holes, but I'm not sure how many holes you could get. Some new plates might have to fabricated. Also the links on the kp setup are only adjustable on one end, so pre-load adjustments and pinion angle adjustments are a little more difficult.

It's also a parallel 4-link which means it's IC length in infinite. This usually results in anti-squat well under 100%, causing the back end to squat and the front to rise. This might sound great, but higher anti-squat values can be beneficial because it provides the tires to be loaded and pushed into the pavement.

But I agree with you, in an EC, the instant center the leaf springs provide is ALL WRONG. It can work with RCs' 2ft shorter wheelbase, but I think its a hinderance in an EC.
Vanilla, what do you mean not adjustable ? The bars adjust in length quite a bit on both sides and the shock mounting plate has several holes as well as the bed height by the 4 link. Are we talking the same setup? I hit up their site and couldn't tell if the new setups are the same as my old one.

Pitt
Old 01-22-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ap2002
thats what i have seen work best on a 16x10 wheel..
Yeah, I just saw them. Good price as well.
Pitt
Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by pittman
Vanilla, what do you mean not adjustable ? The bars adjust in length quite a bit on both sides and the shock mounting plate has several holes as well as the bed height by the 4 link. Are we talking the same setup? I hit up their site and couldn't tell if the new setups are the same as my old one.

Pitt
Yes, the lengths are adjustable (pinion angle and preload), but instant center location is not.

Here is a typical drag race 4-link vs. the kp components version.

http://www.cachassisworks.com/iwwidb...ti_item_submit

http://www.kplinks.com/product.php?p...&cat=72&page=1

You can see that the drag setup has the provisions for the links to be mounted in different positions and angles. This allows adjustment for the instant center for varrying track conditions and launch/handling characteristics. Adjustability can be a real PITA though if you screw it up and don't know what you're doing.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Yes, the lengths are adjustable (pinion angle and preload), but instant center location is not.

Here is a typical drag race 4-link vs. the kp components version.

http://www.cachassisworks.com/iwwidb...ti_item_submit

http://www.kplinks.com/product.php?p...&cat=72&page=1

You can see that the drag setup has the provisions for the links to be mounted in different positions and angles. This allows adjustment for the instant center for varrying track conditions and launch/handling characteristics. Adjustability can be a real PITA though if you screw it up and don't know what you're doing.
I couldn't open your first link but I understand what you are saying.
That could be a nightmare for me..lol. I drive better than I adjust rearends !

Where is that damn kid when you need him....lol ??? I wanted him behind the wheel. He has two-three years in the seat of that truck.

Pitt
Old 01-22-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

o i knew that was his truck. what happen he take off to military or something
Old 01-22-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BadAssChevy327
o i knew that was his truck. what happen he take off to military or something
He rolled out of here to Talahassee for school. He better hurry up, finish and get a good job. I got laid off Dec 09th and need race money...lol. Gotta pay your dues

Pitt

Quick Reply: Pitt's NA 402 Video