Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Procharged times....

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sureshot
if you're running a mail-order tune with fi, you need to ditch it! You need and in-person tune or a dyno tune.
i have a mail order tune and run pretty good but your right i think for f/i you want a dyno tune
Old 06-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Launching!

I had a street tune but its had some issues... After it was tuned for the procharger we set up for the efans that I had coming within the next week. Then you would go to start it and it would reset the clock everytime the truck turned over to start. Then saved my tune to a different profile on hptuners and the clock reset crap went away but then my pin 42 stayed activated as soon as you started the truck and wouldnt run pin 33 for a/c pressures. Then I got a newer 0411 pcm shipped out and it corrected the fan issue where they work normal now and turn on when there supposed to do. As soon as I drove the truck after I installed the newer pcm it just felt less peppy to me. And it now just dies on me after I mash the throttle to spin the tires and get off of it... I think I need to hook it back up and see whats really going on? Im gonna get a hold of wheatley and see if we can run it again to see if somethings wrong. My o2s where very very lazy when we did the tune and since have been replaced, along with new ngk tr6s.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:27 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Def sounds like a tuning issue to me. I would think that your truck would be at least in the 12.7-- range with mods listed.

You are using a wb right? You said the o2's seemed to be lazy, you aren't trying to tune this thing off the stock o2's are you? If so, you'll never get it dialed in properly. Also, how much timing are you running at the starting line and down track? Do you still have a bunch tq management in it? What are the IAT's, is it pulling a ton of timing due to excessive IAT's? It is hot here right now.

I agree with what others have said about gears and a looser converter improving your times significantly, however I think you should be a little quicker regardless.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blown06
Def sounds like a tuning issue to me. I would think that your truck would be at least in the 12.7-- range with mods listed.

You are using a wb right? You said the o2's seemed to be lazy, you aren't trying to tune this thing off the stock o2's are you? If so, you'll never get it dialed in properly. Also, how much timing are you running at the starting line and down track? Do you still have a bunch tq management in it? What are the IAT's, is it pulling a ton of timing due to excessive IAT's? It is hot here right now.

I agree with what others have said about gears and a looser converter improving your times significantly, however I think you should be a little quicker regardless.
I think that since you have such a great running truck he should listen to what you have to say.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blown06

Its street tuned by wheatley, yes he used a wb... as far as the timing at start and down the track I dont know.. As far as I know he removed all the tq with tow haul on... Its intercooled so the iats should be fine. I emailed him yesterday morning to get it hooked back up and see whats going on. He guessed the truck would run about 12.5ish
Old 06-28-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

With out no doubt my truck was a different ride with the Procharger after gears and stall. I started out with a 2600 stall, than a 3000, now to a 3200-3400 stall and I keep liking it more and more. I would say 4:10's and 3200 stall and correct your tuning and you will run a 12:5's