Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

ram runs 12.58@106.42 NA

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are in the process of doing a 4 link on Beast2's truck with the 414 and direct port nos system. Once we see how that goes on Scotts truck we may have to go there with Brads also.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

i'm after another number myself Stu and if i say it i know people will think i'm crazy lol gotta have a goal though.

suspension is exactly what i need. my best time is on about half the rwhp i have available. i just know it'll be pointless to crank the boost on up when it has hard enough time planting 10psi to the pavement. by early summer i should have all the fuel part i need to get my 4 link in. i want to do a return setup when i put the fuel cell in and i have to do that before the 4 link, so i can do the trailing link i want to use. it's alway something...
Old 03-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Colt, are you sticking with the stock tranny?
Old 03-29-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

i will til it goes BOOM...

which I'm sure won't be too very long.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

Ha yeah, I'm surprised you still have the stock tranny. Are you going o get a sheradon tranny when your truck pukes it out?
Old 03-29-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ColtSteele
it's alway something...
heh.....that's the understatement of the year. I'm undecided on what fuel cell setup to use. Speed engineering did a fuel cell setup on that blue stepside that was flush mounted with the bed. I just don't know if I want to go that route or with a cell just mounted in the bed. I did find a great deal on a 4 link for the truck, but there isn't such a thing as a great deal on QA1 coilovers.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slowprocess
MrDestinE- Please post up a thread where I said that the hemis have no potential. You know, we've always joked around with each other on the two forums, so why is it you all of a sudden get your vagina hurt over this.
You want to know about my setup? In 2004, I put in a cammed 6.0L with cleaned up heads, bolt ons, and a 3000 stall. The first weekend out it went 12.56. It's worn out and has seen well over 100 passes at the track over the past 3 years. I got a 12.41 best motor pass out of it before I started spraying it. It now takes a big shot of nitrous spraying in second gear to get it into the 11s. I have no idea on raceweight or D/A of the track, but the best thing I can tell you is to come to a truck gathering and see for yourself.
It gets terrible gas mileage and the past few years its eaten its share of trans. It has had no motor work done to it since 2004, so I'm satisfied with it. I can still drive it across country, race it, and drive it home, so I succeeded in what I wanted to do with it.
Now WHO's Vaigina is getting hurt???? sounds like someone else we know... it was not you how made that quote??? if that is the case then I apologize.. I still wanted to know what your mods were though... thankx for the reply... you have never put that thing on the scales??? One of the first things I do.. just curious... Sound like the same kinda goal I have mind....

TJ
Old 03-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Launching!

edited to avoid any further cat fighting.

Last edited by kkd60; 03-29-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Teching In

stu, my truck WILL run 11's NA before mopar nats this year one way or another. I have some stuff that I think will help. Don't forget that I still have the water meth, battery relocation, sway bar removal, new exhaust, plasma booster, and b&g to all try out before i start to worry.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fulson4
stu, my truck WILL run 11's NA before mopar nats this year one way or another. I have some stuff that I think will help. Don't forget that I still have the water meth, battery relocation, sway bar removal, new exhaust, plasma booster, and b&g to all try out before i start to worry.
I think the exhaust and intake are your big restrictions now. The cal tracks need to be tuned too because I was getting some wheel hop. I haven't driven it with the BG letting the rev limit at 6800 so that will be big too. I'm not saying it can't do it just it's not there yet. Thats My butt dyno though.

Quick Reply: ram runs 12.58@106.42 NA