Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Regular cab drag setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope, just 2wd. It weighs 4820 going down the track. I still can't believe it. I did a mild burnout(I don't like to get street tires hot). I foot brak'd it to about 2600, and quickly rolled on the pedal when it left the line. I was very surprised it held.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
Nope, just 2wd. It weighs 4820 going down the track. I still can't believe it. I did a mild burnout(I don't like to get street tires hot). I foot brak'd it to about 2600, and quickly rolled on the pedal when it left the line. I was very surprised it held.
damn thats a good 60 on streets!! no wheel spin at all? this may be dumb but whats the deal with not getting street tires hot? ive heard many say this. i hit 1st shift second to just about rev limiter and get out never really holding it at any rpm and my kumho ecstas get sticky. is that a mild burnout to you? you definately want to clear the tires of water and rocks
Old 08-06-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

You foot braked a radix truck to 2600 and launched it on street tires to a 1.69 60 ft time. Wow, thats hard to believe. Your track must be flypaper.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have always heard (dont know if its true) that a street tire compound does not work real well if they are too hot. This time I did a little burnout in the box, and let off the brake. When I was rolling away I got into it, and spun more in the dry launch/burnout area. The whole burnout lasted maybe 4 or 5 seconds.

I have a 3200 converter, and I assume it would easily break loose if I got it anywhere near that (I have never stepped on it higher than what I did this time at the line) as it does easily before that on the street. My buddy I go with has a WS6, and we were both amazed it hooked like that. I will obviously try to reproduce this, but I wouldn't be surprised if I could never get below the 1.70 again with this setup. I don't know why it worked so well, and I feel like it was a fluke. I had been considering a set of slicks, but if I could get it to.consistently hook like this I wouldn't get them. I still want Caltracs though.

I will be going to the track again Wed, and can hopefully back it up.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
I have always heard (dont know if its true) that a street tire compound does not work real well if they are too hot. This time I did a little burnout in the box, and let off the brake. When I was rolling away I got into it, and spun more in the dry launch/burnout area. The whole burnout lasted maybe 4 or 5 seconds.

I have a 3200 converter, and I assume it would easily break loose if I got it anywhere near that (I have never stepped on it higher than what I did this time at the line) as it does easily before that on the street. My buddy I go with has a WS6, and we were both amazed it hooked like that. I will obviously try to reproduce this, but I wouldn't be surprised if I could never get below the 1.70 again with this setup. I don't know why it worked so well, and I feel like it was a fluke. I had been considering a set of slicks, but if I could get it to.consistently hook like this I wouldn't get them. I still want Caltracs though.

I will be going to the track again Wed, and can hopefully back it up.
Get vids!!! i wanna watch!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Bringing this back from the dead as I am now ready to buy some drag shocks and looking for some now. I am also considering doing a flip kit in the rear. Any bolt in drag shocks or adjustables availible .

Please don't just say lakewwods or qa1's because I dont find any that fit. PM me a vendor or post a part # PLEASE!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

The only CORRECT way to figure out which shock you need is to actually measure, then look at the catalog and find a shock that matches what you need
Old 01-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Theres some 12 way adjustable qa1's for a 6 inch drop. Our vendor speed engineering sells them, the shock is part #TC1576P
Old 01-24-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

PHANTOM, How did you lower the back of yours? It looks good.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Stock shackles, removed middle leaf spring, just has top spring and overload. Good for about 6" and works really well for racing with my smith bars

Quick Reply: Regular cab drag setup questions