Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Roll Bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Roll Bars

Anyone got pics of their roll bar set up ?? I need to get some ideas and want to keep a clean interior look.

Pitt
Old 02-06-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe fossil will post his, very nice cage
Old 02-06-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out jon (DBRODS) work here, his shop is at round rock tx:
http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/appea...s-rollbar.html
Old 02-07-2010, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks. Nice job !!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:57 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey Pittman, have you done any research as to what is actually required in a truck be legal at x time in the quarter? I've talked to a lot of folks about this (non that were cert. guys though) and I get a lot of different opinions. Some say a 6-point (main hoop/door bars/rear bars out back window or cab) is mandatory for 11.49 and quicker. Some have told me that because the design of the truck being that the cab is enclosed behind the driver that a main hoop w/cross bracing down to the center of the truck under the main hoop and door bars only will get you good to 10.00. I've also heard that you can get cert. down to 8.50 w/o even going through the back window (basically 25.5 or 25.3 rules from the main hoop forward). I don't know what to think, I'm also starting to wonder if the legality of a cage (non sanctioned racing) is up to the discretion of the tech guy at the track.

Then I see guys like flaco, who made at least 6 million passes at an NHRA track (Houston Raceway Park) well below 11.50 long before he had any bars out the back window. If we're lucky maybe he'll chime in and shed some light on this fact.

I saw a new S-10 or whatever they're called now on a trailer this afternoon. It was obviously a drag truck w/bogarts and slicks. I was driving next to it and noticed it had at least a main hoop/door bars/halo/bars down the a-pillar, but no bars out the back window. I can't see how someone could justify all of that and still not be legal under 11.50. Whats the point? So maybe there is a way to be legal w/o bars out the back window.

Wow, I just rambled on and on. Just seeing if you've done any research and have found anything out on this subject.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blown06
Hey Pittman, have you done any research as to what is actually required in a truck be legal at x time in the quarter? I've talked to a lot of folks about this (non that were cert. guys though) and I get a lot of different opinions. Some say a 6-point (main hoop/door bars/rear bars out back window or cab) is mandatory for 11.49 and quicker. Some have told me that because the design of the truck being that the cab is enclosed behind the driver that a main hoop w/cross bracing down to the center of the truck under the main hoop and door bars only will get you good to 10.00. I've also heard that you can get cert. down to 8.50 w/o even going through the back window (basically 25.5 or 25.3 rules from the main hoop forward). I don't know what to think, I'm also starting to wonder if the legality of a cage (non sanctioned racing) is up to the discretion of the tech guy at the track.

Then I see guys like flaco, who made at least 6 million passes at an NHRA track (Houston Raceway Park) well below 11.50 long before he had any bars out the back window. If we're lucky maybe he'll chime in and shed some light on this fact.

I saw a new S-10 or whatever they're called now on a trailer this afternoon. It was obviously a drag truck w/bogarts and slicks. I was driving next to it and noticed it had at least a main hoop/door bars/halo/bars down the a-pillar, but no bars out the back window. I can't see how someone could justify all of that and still not be legal under 11.50. Whats the point? So maybe there is a way to be legal w/o bars out the back window.

Wow, I just rambled on and on. Just seeing if you've done any research and have found anything out on this subject.
No, I never even considered the truck having different rules than a car. I did read the NHRA roll bar rules and they are prettty clear. Maybe someone with experience in trucks can chime in.