Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Silver-mod-o, Skeet, 1LOW4X4, LS-Blazer, & 6ltrbtr

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

roberts truck also reeled me in easily...I think his numbers were mid 11's last time he ran it...
Old 07-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

some pretty nice vids there for sure going to try clamping Chris's springs next time out to see if that helps the bounce on launch.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by skeet
thanks for the vids, Nick, enjoyed the night, nitrous runs only netted 11.6 passes, at 125.3 mph spinng 200-300 ft out the hole yeah slicks are worn ) should have some this week, same times running NA but at 116 115mph, and spinning somewhat NA, i knew this going into the night of racing, with the high DA, hot *** temps, it was still a great night!

Cant waite to see what she does on some new slicks and some decent weather, our home track will be open this coming weekend might just go straight to the 150 shot and call it a night..

those that wanna know i wasnt even close of running out of gear, with the 4:88s even passing through the traps at 7100 rpms she was still pulling BUT i will be going to a 29 inch tire

thanks again to Ben,Nick,Robert & Chris, was a great night even if it was a terrible night to race..

oh yeah and Quik, i guess your guestaments are correct as for gearing/tire size/ mph its finally all coming together

by the way i will push this motor to the limits, ( hope i dont hurt it ) but i do have a 408 build fixing to be in progress, got the crank and rods and block, working on which pistons and cam i wanna go with and what will produce the most power in the ranges i want its being drawn out..
try adding weight in the body if you can't hook.it works for me.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good runs fellers! I am ready to get back out and hit the track too, makes me want to go out sooner than fall.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dragpac
try adding weight in the body if you can't hook.it works for me.
thanks for the advice, but it wont happen in a truck body, has to be at the rear or bed, it'll hook, flaco has done it many of times with his 414 and a 250-300 shot. its just getting everything dialed in and letting her rip one of the main reasons i had issues was because i was on worn out slicks, the dimples were just about comnpletely gone.with new rubber she'll hook all i have to do is hole on !!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Banned

thanks for the advice, but it wont happen in a truck body, has to be at the rear or bed, it'll hook, flaco has done it many of times with his 414 and a 250-300 shot. its just getting everything dialed in and letting her rip one of the main reasons i had issues was because i was on worn out slicks, the dimples were just about comnpletely gone.with new rubber she'll hook all i have to do is hole on !!
cant wait to get the vids on those runs!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:10 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
ill definately be out there with you guys around november. it's just too damn hot for me right now...and this is the time to enjoy the 4 wheelers...summer=boats and quads, winter=racing season for me
I wish I lived in Texas!!!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

just trying to help.also the body I thought was the bed not the cab.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like yall had some good runs in the heat. What track was that? I need to get mine back on the track, I miss it.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dragpac
just trying to help.also the body I thought was the bed not the cab.

no problem dont get me wrong i can use all the help i can, plus the advice i am always looking for new ideas and ways to make things work to there fullest, the thing is i would like to make the front cab ( front end ) lighter, and leave the back ( bed ) as it is.. basically staying away from having to put more weight on the truck.. BUT yes it has been discussed about adding a bar across the tail end of the truck to help, but i really think i could over come that by proper suspension setup?

Originally Posted by Blue5.3
Looks like yall had some good runs in the heat. What track was that? I need to get mine back on the track, I miss it.
diabol ( lufkin texas )

Quick Reply: Silver-mod-o, Skeet, 1LOW4X4, LS-Blazer, & 6ltrbtr