Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Skeets new times

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres one of the badass diesel that was running that night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J2qxafeM9E
Old 08-22-2010, 08:26 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
man, i dont see/hear what tire spin you guys are griping about. that sounded like a solid launch. i blame the tune for not making 10's...LMAO j/k. but maybe you can try playing around with the lockup just a little to see if it makes a difference with the nitrous. and get that AFR straightened out.
you can hear in the video the motor slipping on the line. as for the tune thats up to him with N20 and fuel jets at this point. His NA tune is spot on, as for on spray with a wet kit you change jets to get right afr. as for converter lock up thats working for him as well. If he can get truck to plant that torque it will do as he wants. Also if he screws the wheels it will help as well.

His truck is steady with 1.5s 1.6s is not up to par. His setup is good for 1.4s on a solid track
Old 08-22-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Quik
you can hear in the video the motor slipping on the line. as for the tune thats up to him with N20 and fuel jets at this point. His NA tune is spot on, as for on spray with a wet kit you change jets to get right afr. as for converter lock up thats working for him as well. If he can get truck to plant that torque it will do as he wants. Also if he screws the wheels it will help as well.

His truck is steady with 1.5s 1.6s is not up to par. His setup is good for 1.4s on a solid track

just cant bring myself to screwing the rims lol

the 11.02 run cut a 1.62 60, hadnt really played with lock up but i plan on it.. i left the jets at home ( i know my bad ) but for what it is and how rich it is i was ok with it.. i almost called my son to bring them but oh well, theres always another time

my main concern is fuel pressure drop 56 psi during wide open run..
Old 08-22-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
Heres one of the badass diesel that was running that night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J2qxafeM9E
that would have been a great race, but i foregot to connect the wire to the button yeah i know a bonehead mistake

i would have taken the deisel down
Old 08-22-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by skeet
just cant bring myself to screwing the rims lol

the 11.02 run cut a 1.62 60, hadnt really played with lock up but i plan on it.. i left the jets at home ( i know my bad ) but for what it is and how rich it is i was ok with it.. i almost called my son to bring them but oh well, theres always another time

my main concern is fuel pressure drop 56 psi during wide open run..
What does your fueling setup consist of?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sureshot
What does your fueling setup consist of?

just an intank walbro 255, i am thinking to get by for now is to get a bosch 044 external pump, but hadnt decided yet, i have been reading your post on the intanks and mod done.. dunno what i am gonna do just yet, i am one that likes to do it right and foreget about it.. with that said i'll probably go with dual intank pumps.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:26 PM
5 year bitches!

lean the afr out on n20 and the fuel pressure should come back around a psi or two. commanding that much fuel at wot is playing a role on the psi drop. however your at limit of a 255 NA on spray youre beyond its capabilities
Old 08-22-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Probably a good thing you left your jets. Might have been tempted to try the 150 jets. Doesn't sound like your fuel system would have liked the larger jet of the 150.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by skeet
just an intank walbro 255, i am thinking to get by for now is to get a bosch 044 external pump, but hadnt decided yet, i have been reading your post on the intanks and mod done.. dunno what i am gonna do just yet, i am one that likes to do it right and foreget about it.. with that said i'll probably go with dual intank pumps.
Yeah, I like the dual intank setups. The single Magnafuel sounds ineresting as well.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:34 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik

i think your hearing the nitrous coming in at the line. you can hear a TINY scratch on the line which was a sticking scratch, not a blow the tire off squeal. i know how the afr works on nitrous, but thanks for explaining it to a noob. JFWY . nitrous can change the power band some. what works best on motor may not always do best on dope. it never hurts to play around with the lockup just to TRY and squeeze that .03 out to make a 10...or everything could be solved by bringing your damn jets Davidlol. it will happen next time...if not on the 100, just slip in the 125 to pop that cherrie. i hear it happens easier after popping it

Quick Reply: Skeets new times