Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Skeets new times

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 10:36 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by skeet
just cant bring myself to screwing the rims lol

the 11.02 run cut a 1.62 60, hadnt really played with lock up but i plan on it.. i left the jets at home ( i know my bad ) but for what it is and how rich it is i was ok with it.. i almost called my son to bring them but oh well, theres always another time

my main concern is fuel pressure drop 56 psi during wide open run..
im in the same boat...isnt there some kind of glue that you can put inside of the bead? i think i remember hearing something about that.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the truck is definetely struggling when he hits the button, I have all his runs on tape and everytime he sprayed it acted the same. If that was lined out then who knows what it would do
Old 08-22-2010, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
Well the truck is definetely struggling when he hits the button, I have all his runs on tape and everytime he sprayed it acted the same. If that was lined out then who knows what it would do
what does the log say? i bet it goes really rich for a half of a second then goes ape **** when the nitrous makes it to the plate/nozzle/however david is running it. i had an issue like that, and runing a longer nitrous line than the fuel line from the noid almost eliminated the weird spot when it activates. when using equal size and length lines, which do you think makes it to the throttle body first: fuel at ~58 psi or nitrous running 1,050 PSI? leaning it out some on the pills will probably eliminate the bog though.

out of curiosity...what size jets are you using david?

Last edited by TXsilverado; 08-22-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I've heard a lot of people putting vulcanizing glue on the bead when you seat it to the rim... But it makes it a SOB to break loose to change tires.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:51 PM

dont know what i was thinking...i was having a lean spike issue lol. nevermind that last comment
Old 08-23-2010, 08:32 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
dont know what i was thinking...i was having a lean spike issue lol. nevermind that last comment
guess your noob'ness still shows clearly

i read that like um ill let him bury himself instead of pointing that out

as for upping the shot, he already has the mph for 10s just need to get it to all work together. hes faster on 100 shot then others are on larger shots with larger motors. So he must be doing something right
Old 08-23-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Quik
guess your noob'ness still shows clearly

i read that like um ill let him bury himself instead of pointing that out

as for upping the shot, he already has the mph for 10s just need to get it to all work together. hes faster on 100 shot then others are on larger shots with larger motors. So he must be doing something right
haha yeah i reread it and thought, oh **** lol. it still cured a weird spot when it initially hit. theres no doubt that leaning out the nitrous to a 12.3 or so will hit that 10.

hell, david is putting down better times on motor than some bigger motors on dope...it's definatley proving to be a good combo of parts.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:41 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
haha yeah i reread it and thought, oh **** lol. it still cured a weird spot when it initially hit. theres no doubt that leaning out the nitrous to a 12.3 or so will hit that 10.

hell, david is putting down better times on motor than some bigger motors on dope...it's definatley proving to be a good combo of parts.
but youre theory on the lines makes sense as well. good catch on your part
Old 08-23-2010, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

my fuel line is longer than the nitrous line by several inches, i was checking things out, youre correct the nitrous is getting there first, gonna have a short line made up and we'll try it again in a couple of weeks.. also going with dual pumps, hope to have all this done in the next 2 weeks, plans are to stick with the 100 shot and get it all worked out.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 AM

what worked for me was a 24" nitrous line with a 12" fuel line. that was with my bottle pressure solenoid set between 950 and 1050 psi. if you were going to the track this weekend i could bring several different length nitrous lines for you to try out and see what works best. tons of nitrous jets too.

Quick Reply: Skeets new times