Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

State Capitol Raceway Test N Tune April 26th

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 01:57 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about the 25th?
http://www.statecapitolraceway.com/042509.htm
yall afraid of some diesels or what?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:26 PM
QLF
Launching!

Originally Posted by bluecajun5.3
what about the 25th?

Too much money for my blood, especially since I'll be running two vehicles.

And no, I ain't afraid of no diesels lol! I actually met up with the big *** lifted F-250 with the cool graphics that edged me out twice with a 14.8. We lined them up on a 35 roll and I put a length on him by 70. On Johnston Street, at like 7am, right next to a wannabe undercover in a 2 door Mazda Navajo!!

Luckily he just told us that "this ain't a damn drag strip" and went on his merry way... PHEW!

I think we have something going on that day too, I also think my wife's working that morning. I'll still be out there on Sunday either way though. Stop trying to be different Lance!

Btw, Lance, you don't happen to need to look at that Y-pipe still do you? It's a bit more cut up and it's missin a cat, but it's mostly there haha! Oh, and you don't happen to have a spare set of slicks or radials layin' around do ya?

Last edited by QLF; 04-19-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:11 PM
11 Second Truck Club

haha i figured i would just throw that in for giggles!
my luck is that i'll probably be working.

i was able to swap out the y-pipe with the one off of blue. (thanks for the lookout)
sorry i don't have extra slicks either.

all i got left to do is install some ls1 fans i just bought, order me an intake, weld back up the stock y from the Z (i gutted the cats), then figure out who i'm going to get to tune it. right now i'm getting 15 mpg mixed driving.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:58 PM
QLF
Launching!

No prob man, and I wouldn't think running the slicks would be a great idea either way haha, I was just messin' around. I'm sure my shift points would be retarded, seeing what happens to guys that regear without a tune.

Man, 15mpg mixed, I'd love to have that! I just can't keep my foot out of this thing. I can pull 16-17 on the highway and 14-15 around town, but that's only if I baby it. I did manage to get my front-end buttoned up this afternoon and now I need to find the leak that was apparently caused by removing my back seat?! Then I'll take off the spare and possibly the rear bumper. Should be a good 200lbs. shaved off.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:02 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by bluecajun5.3
what about the 25th?

I aint skeered, lol. My daughter was invited to a St Jude Car Show in Plaquemine that day though. Besides, I cut .3xx R/T last time out, don't think I'm ready for competition yet, haha. Think I'll try TnT a few more times.:nunchuk1:
Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i wonder if i can install the 4.56's without tuning and not screw up the shift points
Old 04-20-2009, 10:37 PM
QLF
Launching!

Originally Posted by regency
i wonder if i can install the 4.56's without tuning and not screw up the shift points

Prolly not lol! Unless you throw some bigger tires on it haha. I really don't know how guys have that many problems with it though, unless the pcm uses tire speed and rpm to determine shift points, but it would seem that it would only use rpm.

But it'd be hard to break in a set of gears in less than a week. Of course, I did it, but I was really anxious to feel the power lol!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

they are used, so i am just going to set them up like they were....!! Stock shims got them to .008 backlash and running dead center, in the truck they came out of.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 PM
QLF
Launching!

Originally Posted by regency
they are used, so i am just going to set them up like they were....!! Stock shims got them to .008 backlash and running dead center, in the truck they came out of.

Lol, let's hope your's is close to the one they came out of hehe. But that should be a good setup. I definitely like mine, I just don't want to lift it and put bigger tires on it now. I guess it'll be time for a cam swap when I go to 35's hehe.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Teching In

any room for the dodges?

Quick Reply: State Capitol Raceway Test N Tune April 26th