Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Think your truck is fast? PROVE IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even on TnT days, most tracks will run the "event" thru out the day. 30 mins of event time and 30 mins of tnt, so on and so on. OR at least thats how I've seen it done.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:09 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fast318Dakota
Even on TnT days, most tracks will run the "event" thru out the day. 30 mins of event time and 30 mins of tnt, so on and so on. OR at least thats how I've seen it done.
That's how they do it up here too.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Im also use to seeing a Event held on a T&T day without a problem. Especially at a top class facility like SGMP.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Junkie

There is worry for not here guys. I ran my Z at the camaro event and I must have run 10 times or more. The facility is well suited for an event like this! The camaro event had over 400 camaros and it went fine.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

T&T days are generally not that busy there. Even if it is busy, the staff and facility runs like clockwork and make it seem like there's not many cars there. I've never been to a T&T there when you couldn't just about get as many passes as you wanted.

At any rate, it won't be an issue. I'm waiting to talk to the facilities manager again. Hopefully have something up on their website soon about the event.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Viva la South georgia!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:37 PM
8 Second Club

we are definitley making the trip to georgia next month...cannot take Big sis out there, engine will not be done in time, but are taking lil sis to make some good shakedowns...what rules and classes your gonna have??
Old 11-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Teching In

Hmmmmmmmmm

I see a race for me
Old 11-16-2010, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Flaco
we are definitley making the trip to georgia next month...cannot take Big sis out there, engine will not be done in time, but are taking lil sis to make some good shakedowns...what rules and classes your gonna have??
Very excited you're making it out to the race and representing the GM contingent!! Would love to see the big motor truck make it out but, there's always next year!

The classes are listed somewhere in this thread. I'll dig them up and post them up on this page.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Flaco
what rules and classes your gonna have??
Here ya go

Dec 11 at SGMP

Preliminary race info is this:

Quick 16 (or however many we have) This class consist of trucks that will basically be 10.50 or quicker. This class will be ran on a pro tree.

Heads up, index classes. Two qualifying passes with closest time pairing. Elimination rounds with one buy back. All classes will be "all-out" format with sandbagging rules in place. These classes will be ran on a sportsman tree.
10.50-11.50
11.50-12.50
12.50-13.50

For anything slower than 13.50, we will have an all out, handicap, arm drop class with sandbagging rule in effect. Handicap set on the average of your two qualifying passes.

Break outs will be dealt with by discretion of the monitoring official. Meaning, if you run a new personal best that is a few hundreths to a tenth or so better than your qualifying run, or a slight break out of your class. (given your qualifying pass was that close to the cutoff line to begin with)

Really just looking for as fun and fair of an event as possible. If anyone has ANY suggestions, now is the time to speak before we carve anything in stone. I am completely open to any of your ideas if you think they will make something more fair or fun for everyone involved.

Also, if there are any sponsors that would like to step forward and sponsor a class, call my personal cell. 904-887-5115. Leave a message if I don't answer as I do not return calls unless I know who I'm returning the call to.

My phone is open to anyone that has a question or suggestion.

Looking forward to this in a big way!

Thanks everyone!
Jason

Quick Reply: Think your truck is fast? PROVE IT!!!