Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Think your truck is fast? PROVE IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brickrocket

This one has went 7.93 @ 175 and still has a truck frame. (you can see the box frame in the engine photo) Runs a 4-link setup out back but, still has all the factory interior and exterior panels in place, sans the CF tailgate. Furthermore, The engine is all Ford castings. Navigator heads that have been worked, stock Ford crank, and a GT aluminum block that's still sproting 330, factory sized cubes.

If you're not impressed by this rig, I don't know what to tell you...lol.
Now thats what im talking about. Ford or not, I likey Nothing wrong with being built ford tuff with CHEVY stuff..
Old 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Damn, that looks serious

From your avatar it looks like you have a nice truck. Post up some more pics of your setup, although this site is mostly GM I believe we all share admiration for anyone who makes a brick fast no matter the make. Hell theres even some fast Dodges now
We are going for mid 9's or so on this setup. Fully streetable with a/c, ps, pw, yada yada yada. I did take out the stereo though...lol. Not sure what's it's going to do but, that's the goal as it stands. We're still in the infant stages of tuning, etc. I don't even have the liquid side of the i/c hooked up yet. Still have a lot of work to do yet and I know dipping that far into the 9s is going to be a task and a lot to ask of this little turbo (it's a mid frame, journal bearing PT88 that I got an unbelievable deal on) but we're going to try all the tricks we know to get it there.

I'm already eyeballing a set of Ford GT heads and dreaming of twins up front with a relocated radiator and dry sump oiling steup. (I already have some of these parts) The bottom Darton MID sleeved bottom end should be good to 1500hp or so so no need to improve on that.

For now, I just want this setup to work and run a number. I'll be satisfied for a while with that.

Here are some old pics I took during the build.

And here's one from a magazine shoot back in '06. It still had the Kenne Bell s/c and only made 623rwhp/710rwtq back then.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

my respect for that ford!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

very impressive lightnings, i talked to bob ( pit-man) he has almost talked me into making this trip
Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

No doubt you can make a Ford haul ***, but you gotta have DEEP DEEP pockets... I wonder how a fully forged 5.3 on race gas and 30 pounds of boost would run in a 3500 pound truck... Lookin at that black 7 sec lightning, I bet it don't weigh much more than that... None of the chevy guys do it because we have the option of just going bigger displacement...
Old 11-02-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skeet
very impressive lightnings, i talked to bob ( pit-man) he has almost talked me into making this trip
Old 11-02-2010, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
No doubt you can make a Ford haul ***, but you gotta have DEEP DEEP pockets... I wonder how a fully forged 5.3 on race gas and 30 pounds of boost would run in a 3500 pound truck... Lookin at that black 7 sec lightning, I bet it don't weigh much more than that... None of the chevy guys do it because we have the option of just going bigger displacement...
You must have missed the part where I mentioned that black, 7sec truck has a stock ford crank, block, and Navigator heads. Not an extremely expensive start to any "race" setup. I'm pretty sure the truck was running heavy street when it clicked off the 7.93 which is 3500+ lbs. Honestly, anything at that level really isn't going to be cost effective and will all be comparable investment wise. Trust me. I've been around plenty of 6-7-8 second rides that are competitive. Nothing comes cheap at that level. NOTHING! The argument you're trying to make is futile. Given the right budget, anything can be fast. I won't go back and forth trying to prove which brand wins out in the perfomance dept. I truly like them all for certain aspects of capability. I'd eventually like to build something with LS power and something else with diesel power. It's all the same to me. I just happen to have great affliction with mod motor powered Fords. In particular, lightnings.

Here's what I'd like to see....the fastest trucks in the nation at one track at the same time. If I only wanted to see what the Fords there, I'd have made it a Ford truck race. Obviously, I have a clue of what the Fords are made of. I want to see what the other makes have to offer. And don't think the domestics are all that's coming either. There's going to be some import competition there as well.

Can't wait to see everyone there!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats a truck nice man! These trucks really do run good for no more cubes then you have to work with, i wish there were more of these events out here so i could make it out to watch.

Last edited by Jake99; 11-03-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:36 PM
8 Second Club

that black lightning is nice...setup looks great,

i laughed a bit when i read that the lightning using the coil packs from a chevy, but in my situation its the other way around, i am using a ford distributor.....made me giggle a bit..

this event would be bad *** to attend with both of my trucks...hopefully i can have the real motor back in the Hauler and i would go..

When is the race??
Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Flaco
that black lightning is nice...setup looks great,

i laughed a bit when i read that the lightning using the coil packs from a chevy, but in my situation its the other way around, i am using a ford distributor.....made me giggle a bit..

this event would be bad *** to attend with both of my trucks...hopefully i can have the real motor back in the Hauler and i would go..

When is the race??

i think its like dec. 11th flaco

Quick Reply: Think your truck is fast? PROVE IT!!!