Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Think your truck is fast? PROVE IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 05:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dec 11 at SGMP

Preliminary race info is this:

Quick 16 (or however many we have) This class consist of trucks that will basically be 10.50 or quicker. This class will be ran on a pro tree.

Heads up, index classes. Two qualifying passes with closest time pairing. Elimination rounds with one buy back. All classes will be "all-out" format with sandbagging rules in place. These classes will be ran on a sportsman tree.
10.50-11.50
11.50-12.50
12.50-13.50

For anything slower than 13.50, we will have an all out, handicap, arm drop class with sandbagging rule in effect. Handicap set on the average of your two qualifying passes.

Break outs will be dealt with by discretion of the monitoring official. Meaning, if you run a new personal best that is a few hundreths to a tenth or so better than your qualifying run, or a slight break out of your class. (given your qualifying pass was that close to the cutoff line to begin with)

Really just looking for as fun and fair of an event as possible. If anyone has ANY suggestions, now is the time to speak before we carve anything in stone. I am completely open to any of your ideas if you think they will make something more fair or fun for everyone involved.

Also, if there are any sponsors that would like to step forward and sponsor a class, call my personal cell. 904-887-5115. Leave a message if I don't answer as I do not return calls unless I know who I'm returning the call to.

My phone is open to anyone that has a question or suggestion.

Looking forward to this in a big way!

Thanks everyone!
Jason

MORE INFO
Old 11-03-2010, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Flaco
that black lightning is nice...setup looks great,

i laughed a bit when i read that the lightning using the coil packs from a chevy, but in my situation its the other way around, i am using a ford distributor.....made me giggle a bit..

this event would be bad *** to attend with both of my trucks...hopefully i can have the real motor back in the Hauler and i would go..

When is the race??
Not sure which black Lightning you were talking about here. Mine or the twin turbo truck. Either way, thanks for the compliments.

I'd love to see both the Hayhauler and Lil sis at this race! Would make for some fantastic racing if I can get you paired up with something that'll hang.

I mentioned on the Lightning board that at my best rough estimate, there are already around 70 trucks coming. I hope to see over 100 trucks racing at this thing!! With numbers like that the first year out, it can only get bigger and better!

Last edited by Brickrocket; 11-03-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

If Flaco makes the haul to GA. there is no way Im missing this event!! That would be badass to see Hayhauler and LiL Sis run in person!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bad_Apple
If Flaco makes the haul to GA. there is no way Im missing this event!! That would be badass to see Hayhauler and LiL Sis run in person!
You Damn right, well, I'm not missing it anyway, but Clint ain't gonna show anyway!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Teching In

I'll be there with mine, it will be the first time out so i'm not looking to go crazy, just shooting for tens.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by banks
I'll be there with mine, it will be the first time out so i'm not looking to go crazy, just shooting for tens.

Does that go throw the factory air to water cooler with the turbo setup like that? that looks like a vary simple turbo setup.. me like!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

flaco, flaco, flaco..im trying to see a chevy win a ford event. your the only chance we have lol. Hope you make it
Old 11-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KDavis04ss
flaco, flaco, flaco..im trying to see a chevy win a ford event. your the only chance we have lol. Hope you make it
But this isn't a "Ford event". It's a truck event, plain and simple. There will be GM's, Fords, Dodges, and even a few import trucks. Just because the cockgobbler organizing the event has a Ford doesn't mean this is some kind of "battle of the brands" race. I'm a dyed in the wool Chevy guy, but that doesn't mean I don't respect what other stuff can do... I've built some fast *** Fords. Hell I built all that stuff on Jason's Lightning, and I'm just as excited to see what it can do as he is. I like horsepower, and I don't give a damn what name is on the valve cover. I'll be bringing my slowass 4.8 (maybe 5.7 if I have time) Silverado and running that too.

This Flaco guy should definitely bring his truck as well as the rest of you , I guarantee it will be one of the best prepped and fastest tracks you'll ever run your stuff on. SGMP is a phenomenal track, and the staff is awesome. If you bring your A game, chances are you'll leave with a new personal best.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Speedfab
But this isn't a "Ford event". It's a truck event, plain and simple. There will be GM's, Fords, Dodges, and even a few import trucks. Just because the cockgobbler organizing the event has a Ford doesn't mean this is some kind of "battle of the brands" race. I'm a dyed in the wool Chevy guy, but that doesn't mean I don't respect what other stuff can do... I've built some fast *** Fords. Hell I built all that stuff on Jason's Lightning, and I'm just as excited to see what it can do as he is. I like horsepower, and I don't give a damn what name is on the valve cover. I'll be bringing my slowass 4.8 (maybe 5.7 if I have time) Silverado and running that too.

This Flaco guy should definitely bring his truck as well as the rest of you , I guarantee it will be one of the best prepped and fastest tracks you'll ever run your stuff on. SGMP is a phenomenal track, and the staff is awesome. If you bring your A game, chances are you'll leave with a new personal best.
lawlz @ "cockgobbler organizing the event"

As always, thanks for the kind words ******.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, I didnt think it was a ford event either, no matter, I'm still goin, got somethin in the works to see some 11.50's hopefully!

Quick Reply: Think your truck is fast? PROVE IT!!!