Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

thunder550 & kbracing96 in the 12's!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Are you running a 67mm turbo or a 60mm? 10psi is a ton to launch with...I'm so glad I switched back to an auto. I still haven't tried a boosted launch yet...

So how long do you guys hold it on the line when you're building boost. You clowns aren't like the GN guys that sit on the line for 30sec after the light turns green so you can leave at full boost, are you?

Did you ever try sitting in staging with the timing retarded and a commaned AFR of like 10:1? That should get everything nice and hot so when you get on the line it doesn't take so long.
I'm still running the T-60 with a .68A/R exhaust housing. I don't have to sit very long to build boost, but the starter was hitting the light as soon as both trucks were staged, and i needed a little more time then that to build 10psi. I did set it to -6* timing and 10:1 bi-directional controls while in the staging lanes, and it seemed to help heat things up. And Im out of injector shifting at 6200 (99%DC on 43lbser) But now that i know I can get 12's with this setup, I'm pretty sure I going to be doing a turbo relocation mod, soon. Did I mention that I'm still on the stock trany with only a vette servo and shiftkit, Oh, and a DACCO 22-2400 converter will push to 3400 with 10psi
Old 03-27-2007, 11:19 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I'm still running the T-60 with a .68A/R exhaust housing. I don't have to sit very long to build boost, but the starter was hitting the light as soon as both trucks were staged, and i needed a little more time then that to build 10psi. I did set it to -6* timing and 10:1 bi-directional controls while in the staging lanes, and it seemed to help heat things up. And Im out of injector shifting at 6200 (99%DC on 43lbser) But now that i know I can get 12's with this setup, I'm pretty sure I going to be doing a turbo relocation mod, soon. Did I mention that I'm still on the stock trany with only a vette servo and shiftkit, Oh, and a DACCO 22-2400 converter will push to 3400 with 10psi
well...i will start saving now...i want to buy the kit off you...hehe...im sure the 4.3 would love that!

Dustin
Old 03-28-2007, 05:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Did you guys think to build boost with just the prestage (top light) lit? Then roll into the second light?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Veteran

I'm pretty sure I going to be doing a turbo relocation mod, soon
I just did that mod, and let me tell you, it's totally worth it! I didn't move it under the hood, so all the power still goes through the stock manifolds. It's technically a low mount, but damn the spool up is a ton faster. I'm still revising things, and I have to use the STS oil pump. The length of tubing is equivalent to a front mount, with the durability and heat retention of factory manifolds. It may not sit right on the passenger manifold, but what it lacks there it probably makes up for it with a shorter crossover tube and a straight "down pipe". The STS kit is great and everything, but even wrapped it's still not as good as a font mount IMO. I'm now contemplating doing twin low mount 67's for the 408. All it takes is money....
Old 03-28-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
Did you guys think to build boost with just the prestage (top light) lit? Then roll into the second light?
It's too hard to try to "creep" forward with that much boost pushing you. It's all you can do to hold it back with the brakes. Once it starts to move, you can't stop it without lifting.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by vanilla gorilla
I just did that mod, and let me tell you, it's totally worth it! I didn't move it under the hood, so all the power still goes through the stock manifolds. It's technically a low mount, but damn the spool up is a ton faster. I'm still revising things, and I have to use the STS oil pump. The length of tubing is equivalent to a front mount, with the durability and heat retention of factory manifolds. It may not sit right on the passenger manifold, but what it lacks there it probably makes up for it with a shorter crossover tube and a straight "down pipe". The STS kit is great and everything, but even wrapped it's still not as good as a font mount IMO. I'm now contemplating doing twin low mount 67's for the 408. All it takes is money....
Sweet! You should put up some pics. Mine is going to be very similar to what I am building for my dads truck only to fit mine instead. I drove Chris's truck and I really liked the way it built boost. Was much quicker then mine, even with the small turbo and wraped pipes I have.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

I'll post pics when I'm finished with everything. I'm still debating on tailpipe size and and I'm debating on if I should get everything coated or not. I'm probably going to just tear it apart though and do twin low mounts. F-body guys shouldn't be the only ones who get to have soo much fun with truck manifolds. I'm amazed at the off-idle tq and response it has now. I don't think that's something any rear mount can deliver. It feels sooo much faster now than the T56, even though first gear is higher and the TH400 robs more power.