Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

time slips with the LS1

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:22 AM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time slips with the LS1

man am i disappointed, even tho this was my first time drag racing in anything. i actually did have a 14.22 but they never printed my slip and i wasnt goin up to the tower when i could be racing. i only trans braked once or twice cuase the stock tranny, dont even know if it would make that much of a difference anyways. i really do think the truck is good for 13s tho, like Quik said tho my 60's are just way to bad

Last edited by beastmode; 06-14-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:36 AM
Import Moderator

video link
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...57#post3660057
Old 06-14-2007, 06:58 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new times Beast, expecially good for your first time on the track. It takes a bit of practice but I dont see you having a problem breaking into 13's.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

what kind of tires were you running?? that could be a definite problem with your 60'

-but congrats on getting it to the track!!! once you get some of those butterflies worked out, you'll be all good.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Resident

Ah, timeslips.

Well, your 60 foot times are definitely an issue. What tire and pressure were you running? It seems like were just spinning, I'd try airing them down some to make it hook better. You have the converter and gear for it, and if you can get to a sub 2.0 60 ft you should net yourself a 13 sec quarter.

I cropped down your timeslips, and put them in time order. It's weird because your best run MPH has the worst 330' mark of the group. Do you have a laptop so that you can log your engine parameters during a pass? I'm wondering if you are seeing some timing being pulled out during the run.
Attached Thumbnails time slips with the LS1-croppedtimeslips.jpg  
Old 06-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Import Moderator

im running mt et streets. anytime i would launch over 1k it would break em loose. i dont think i was heating em up enough, i was told not to heat those tires up to much so i wasnt... which left me with only leaving at around 800 or so otherwise id break em loose... is that true about not heating em up? i would almost think i would have to cause once you come up the hill to stage theres a guy who sprays the ground with a hose and you have to drive through it so im sure my tires were a little wet
Old 06-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by ChevyThunder17
Ah, timeslips.

Well, your 60 foot times are definitely an issue. What tire and pressure were you running? It seems like were just spinning, I'd try airing them down some to make it hook better. You have the converter and gear for it, and if you can get to a sub 2.0 60 ft you should net yourself a 13 sec quarter.

I cropped down your timeslips, and put them in time order. It's weird because your best run MPH has the worst 330' mark of the group. Do you have a laptop so that you can log your engine parameters during a pass? I'm wondering if you are seeing some timing being pulled out during the run.
sweet thanks

i may very well be. Quik is my tuner, i can see if he can let me use his laptop and do a log for me, i dont recall him saying anything about timing being pulled out tho??

Trending Topics

Old 06-14-2007, 07:14 AM
TECH Resident

No, it would be pulling out timing due to the high air temps and possibly some detonation. Nothing to do with his tune. You are definitely flying.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:15 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

roll through the water, turn them over in the waterbox to clean the crap off, roll out of the water, get them spinning until they just get a nice haze, you dont need a huge John Force burnout past the 1/8 mile... stage and go....

what was your tire pressure at??? Which E/T's were they? Size? Radials?, bias ply? What was the track prep like??? tons of factors go into your 60'

Most guys run those tires at about 18psi... I like mine a little lower... try 15 if they dont hook better with a little more burnout and see what happens

I've pulled a best 60' on my Street tires (255/65-16 General UHP's) of 2.01... I heated them up and ran them at 15.2psi. I didnt stall the truck up though. I just brought the RPM's up to about 1100 and rolled into the throttle... the one time I did stall it up to about 2800, it spun hard and I went 2.28 60'.... you need to get more practice and see what works for you on your launch.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:15 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Drive around the water box. Back up (they will guide you) so your rear wheels are in th box, roll forward about 3 feet and brake. Burn them, and line up.

I'll do a quick burn on the rearrs even though I'm 4x4 to help prevent 2ndgear spin.

Quick Reply: time slips with the LS1