Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Timed Acceleration Results - 2008 Yukon Denali with Bolt-Ons

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 04:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Timed Acceleration Results - 2008 Yukon Denali with Bolt-Ons

Hello Everyone,

I had a chance to do a time attack run with my truck and log this run using my Racelogic PBox.

For those who are not familiar with the PBox, it is now a universally accepted standard for measuring vehicle performance against time.
The device installs via suction cups on the windscreen of the vehicle and powers up using any 12 volt socket.
It then registers to GPS satellites and records the vehicles position 10 times per second and then measures the position change against time.
It also records a plethora of other parameters such as acceleration g-forces, altitude changes to see if the run was downhill or uphill which may bias the results, etc...
More importantly, the raw files produced by the PBox cannot be tampered with, and, as such, run results can be independently verified by having the owner of the vehicle send the raw files to the independent third party doing the verification.

Here's a link to the PBox features if you guys are interested to learn more:
Performance Meter using GPS

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I received my second set of files from Justin@BBP and decided to go out and measure the truck's performance with my mods (listed here: https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...r-mods-499638/) and new files (ECM and TCM).

I found the results to be quite impressive for simple bolt-ons and a vehicle weighing nigh on 5500 lbs.

So here are the results in MPH and KMPH...

Run Details:
Slope: Uphill slope about 34 ft. delta start of run to end of run
Run Distance Covered: about 3800 ft.
Ambient Temp: 84.2*F (29*C)
Humidity: About 75%
Weight: Full weight including 3rd row seats

MPH Results:

Zero to 130 MPH result

60 to 130 MPH result

Quarter Mile Result: 14.85 Sec @102.55 MPH

KMPH Results:

0 to 210 KMPH result

100 to 200 KMPH result

What I found to be most impressive is the shifting speed of the BBP tuned 6L80.
Slower shifting boxes will record a downward blip in the acceleration curve (red line) on the above charts. Notice how the acceleration curve here has no blips! This indicates that the shift speed is indeed quite fast!