Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Times for a 2000 v6 fullsize

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Times for a 2000 v6 fullsize

16.6@79 and 16.8@81

Mods are cutout, K&N filter, and the tires weigh a little less. Ill post the full time slip if wanted.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any reason why you have a cutout on a v6? That has to sound like crap and I konw you aren't maxing out the stock exhaust.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Any reason why you have a gay sig? It actually doesnt sound bad at all. Please define "maxing" out. Is that one of your gaming slang words?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 94f150
Any reason why you have a gay sig? It actually doesnt sound bad at all. Please define "maxing" out. Is that one of your gaming slang words?
First of all, nice word choice. I'm immediately intimidated that you used the word "gay". Your childishness shines brightly through the internet.

Second of all, "maxing out" is a general term to define anything. I'm not sure where you've been but when you "max out bench pressing", "max out your beer intake", "max out your injectors", "max out your engine", etc that means that you have obtained the maximum performance possible for that activity.

So to put it in simple terms for simple people(like yourself), "maxing out your exhaust" would mean that your engine has become so powerful that the exhaust is now too small for it. In your case, the stock exhaust is not small enough yet.

I can try and explain it further, but if I tried to be anymore simplistic, I'd have to result to speaking like a parent speaks to their infant.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RandomHero
First of all, nice word choice. I'm immediately intimidated that you used the word "gay". Your childishness shines brightly through the internet.

Second of all, "maxing out" is a general term to define anything. I'm not sure where you've been but when you "max out bench pressing", "max out your beer intake", "max out your injectors", "max out your engine", etc that means that you have obtained the maximum performance possible for that activity.

So to put it in simple terms for simple people(like yourself), "maxing out your exhaust" would mean that your engine has become so powerful that the exhaust is now too small for it. In your case, the stock exhaust is not small enough yet.

I can try and explain it further, but if I tried to be anymore simplistic, I'd have to result to speaking like a parent speaks to their infant.

Let me edit that. "ill try and explain it earlier, but I have to get back to my game of halo that I played for a day straight now".( just giving you some S*** man) I didnt mean anything by it. People put cutouts on anything. They had colorados with cutouts out there last night.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RandomHero
any reason why you have a cutout on a v6? That has to sound like crap and I konw you aren't maxing out the stock exhaust.
i dont think he posted his times so some *** like you could put him down. if he wants to have a cutout let him have it and keep you mouth shut. nobody thinks you cool.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Sorry to change the subject but congrats on a very impressive time for a V6!
I pretty sure my 4x4 wouldn't have done any better when it was stock. What was your 1/8 mi time and mph?
Old 02-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

my 2002 silverado 4.3 v6 with kn intake hpertech and on 20s and catback exhaust ive been a 16.30 at 83mph and with some spining off the line i think i can get a lil better out of it
Old 02-03-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gmtechnician
i dont think he posted his times so some *** like you could put him down. if he wants to have a cutout let him have it and keep you mouth shut. nobody thinks you cool.
And you are who again? I asked him if there was any reason why he had one, because it's useless on a stock 4.3L. There's no reason why I can't make a comment about his post. If you get butt hurt from someone over the internet making a comment about your exhaust, then perhaps you should go back to a typewriter and send letters through the post office.

I have a thread right now of pictures of my truck, and it wouldn't offend me one bit if someone said my truck was ugly, or my truck looks mexican, or that I have bad taste. Try not to have such thin skin chief, it only fuels the fire.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Where's the Beef?

I'm with Random Hero on this one. He just asked a generic question.
"any reason why you have a cutout on a v6?" Simple question. Could have been easily answered with I like the sound, or because i'm planning on more upgrades later so i went ahead and got it done. or whatever the need may be.
Don't have to start bashing a guys occasional hobby just cuz you felt offended by his question.

Quick Reply: Times for a 2000 v6 fullsize