Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

track times before ls6 intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

If you haven't done it allready, you might want to look at adding a fast reacting IAT sensor like the turbo and SC guys use... Since the element in the stock IAT is coated with a bunch of crap to make is react slower.... It is like $15 and reacts alot faster than the one in you MAF... I bet your heat soaking pretty bad while waiting in the stagging lanes, then by the time you finally get to run your IAT sensor does not report the correct temp until halfway down the track.. Depending on how aggressive or lax your IAT timing table is your probably pulling a decent amount of timing while the lazy stock IAT is reporting a higher value than what your actually experiencing.... I switched mine out about a month ago and noticed the IAT came down about 2-3 times faster than the stock one in the MAF... Just my .02....
Old 05-27-2008, 09:55 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
If you haven't done it allready, you might want to look at adding a fast reacting IAT sensor like the turbo and SC guys use... Since the element in the stock IAT is coated with a bunch of crap to make is react slower.... It is like $15 and reacts alot faster than the one in you MAF... I bet your heat soaking pretty bad while waiting in the stagging lanes, then by the time you finally get to run your IAT sensor does not report the correct temp until halfway down the track.. Depending on how aggressive or lax your IAT timing table is your probably pulling a decent amount of timing while the lazy stock IAT is reporting a higher value than what your actually experiencing.... I switched mine out about a month ago and noticed the IAT came down about 2-3 times faster than the stock one in the MAF... Just my .02....
hrmmm...youve got my attention. how hard is install? any wiring? why havent i heard of this before
Old 05-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
hrmmm...youve got my attention. how hard is install? any wiring? why havent i heard of this before
Install was super easy, I just drilled a hole (smaller than the threads of the sensor) in one of the rubber/silcone couplers in my intake, screwed the sensor into the coupler, Cut the two wires on my MAF harness (black and Tan), attached to the sensor, and your done...

Here is a link for the PN#
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...&highlight=iat

Associated threads
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...4&pp=25&page=1

Here is what mine loooks like, BTW I don't run a MAF .....

Last edited by BlackGMC; 05-27-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:32 AM

looks like alot of FI guys do this mod...why do more FI guys do it and less N/A?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Resident Retard

looks like alot of FI guys do this mod...why do more FI guys do it and less N/A?
FI guys do it to take advantage of the cooling effects of the Meth... Beats me why NA guys don't do it more often... I talked a buddy of mine into doing it after we logged his truck and noticed it toook forever for the IATs to come down... His was a Volant intake tooo.... It can't hurt to do it, so might as well.... If you have ever logged your truck at the track you can see where the heat soak problem comes in and affects your run...
Old 05-27-2008, 11:04 AM

no extra tuning required right?

after my intake experiment, i may do before and after iat mod times in the same day. to see if it makes any difference at all.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Resident Retard

no extra tuning required right?

after my intake experiment, i may do before and after iat mod times in the same day. to see if it makes any difference at all.
Nope, no extra tuning... IMO it just makes your tune more accurate...
Old 05-27-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reposting cause now i gotta do another mod....lol.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wanna be that close to 7's...
Old 05-27-2008, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by dinogt
i wanna be that close to 7's...
time and weather will get you there. the truck does 7.72 in the cold so thats how much weather can help/hurt you!

got some good progress in today. truck intake is off, new l92 water pump is on with all hoses attached, the ls6 has all of the the new gaskets in, new svo injectors installed along with the 97 vette fuel rail and new sensor out back. tomorrow ill get the intake bolted down, power steering/alternator bracket off and myabe get to splice the wires for the ls1 style injectors. its all down hill from there.

im thinking about drilling and tapping the intake at the front runner for the fuel pressure regulator just for a cleaner look. any objections?

Quick Reply: track times before ls6 intake swap