Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Track tonight with some spray

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 01:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Track tonight with some spray

A new best. Not the 11's I was shooting for but damn close. With some good air, a little tuning and getting the PI converter back in, 11's are a done deal. I'd venture to say 11.80's.

12.12 @ 111.? Hot and humid. Best I ran before I started spraying was 12.70's

Got an HSW dry kit in yesterday. Busted *** today just getting it thrown in and the bottle filled. Firing it with the full throttle switch in my hand. A 50 shot. I liked it a lot. It's the first time I've ever used the gas. I can see why its so popular. Cranked up the meth controller to its max and the AFR was spot on.

I had to carry the 4wd a long way into second gear. If I swapped out of 4wd right after the 1-2 shift like I always have done it would break traction and I'd have to pedal it. It really woke it up on the big end. Short times were basically unchanged. I lay that off on the converter.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yes, nitrous is very fun! Nice Times!! 11's are very near for you.

I like the "off the wot switch" idea, but I would change it to a button.

Soo, was this run with the stock converter or what is the dealio with the PI converter? Either way, your truck is moving nicely.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have a button on order that will velcro to the wheel and comes with an 12v cigarette lighter adapter. The WOT switch in the hand was just a throw something together in time to hit the track. A midnight mayhem night.

Yeah this run is on the stock converter. I have a 4th gear slip... long story. I originally thought it was the PI converter which is why it is out.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow!!! I'm impressed! Did you use the nitrous on top of the meth? Any tuning changes?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wkdivr
Wow!!! I'm impressed! Did you use the nitrous on top of the meth? Any tuning changes?
Did not change a thing tune wise. Yeah nitrous on top of the meth. I just cranked up the controller to max. I haven't looked at all the logs but for the most part AFR was spot on with some small lean spikes at the shifts. Nothing I would consider a serious issue at all.

It ate a 50 shot like nothing and really woke up on the big end.

I guess what is surprising so far is non spray with meth and spray with meth saw no drop in IAT's at the end of the runs. 150's both.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Which kit did you get? With our meth for fueling, all we need is a real basic kit. I like those HSW kits.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

You hit the nail on the head. I got the basic HSW Dry kit. I asked them to swap the nozzle for a straight exit and I have it right in the end of my filter. May build on it over time, bottle heater for winter, bottle opener, but the kit works great as it is.

Trending Topics

Old 07-07-2007, 10:48 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratts KY on the new best...so close damn it! I nkow exactly what you mean by having to leave it in 4x4 a bit longer

I ran a 50 last time to the track and couldn't keep the wheels to the ground and also ran a 12.7 (it was in the 90*s) without spray that night. The 35 shot got me my best times to date but with the 50-shot I need to have some more tuning done as I was getting some KR at the shift points. (add more meth) I've got 60lb injectors and a MagnVolt waiting to go in and some dyno time scheduled next week.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KySilverado
I have a button on order that will velcro to the wheel and comes with an 12v cigarette lighter adapter. The WOT switch in the hand was just a throw something together in time to hit the track. A midnight mayhem night.

Yeah this run is on the stock converter. I have a 4th gear slip... long story. I originally thought it was the PI converter which is why it is out.
Sounds like a plan.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NICE ! Congrats on the new PB. got any pics of the nozzle/filter setup?

Quick Reply: Track tonight with some spray