Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Track tonight with some spray

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHot04
NICE ! Congrats on the new PB. got any pics of the nozzle/filter setup?
Thanks, Here is a pic. I don't think this will work long term. The end of the filter is to flexible and thick for the nozzle adapter. Needs more support. I'll either fab up some round aluminum plates for both sides or go with one of the round inside the filter nozzles you see on couple sites... they are just pricey.

In my case probably the best location to spray is a 90* nozzle right in the intake tube. Even though I'm SD I can still read the MAF and wanted to see airflow differences with the nitrous.

A pic of the push button I'm gonna use. Hold this and WOT will activate

Last edited by KySilverado; 07-07-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LMAO...I knew you were next!!! That's what I got, the HSW dry kit. I was confident throwing full meth at it would balance a 50/75 shot perfectly. I can't wait for cool weather. I have a feeling October is gonna be interesting for some trucks with blowers and nitrous. Congrats!!! I was trying to explain to wkdivr and the others when I visited them the perma-grin you get when you feel the "little" shot hit. I couldn't imagine throwinga 100 shot at it (or could I? )

My only suggestion is keep your eyes glued to the AFR. The shifts, especially over 6000 will push your radix fueling to the max.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
LMAO...I knew you were next!!! That's what I got, the HSW dry kit. I was confident throwing full meth at it would balance a 50/75 shot perfectly. I can't wait for cool weather. I have a feeling October is gonna be interesting for some trucks with blowers and nitrous. Congrats!!! I was trying to explain to wkdivr and the others when I visited them the perma-grin you get when you feel the "little" shot hit. I couldn't imagine throwinga 100 shot at it (or could I? )

My only suggestion is keep your eyes glued to the AFR. The shifts, especially over 6000 will push your radix fueling to the max.
May have already said it in the thread but first time I have ever sprayed anything and yeah gets the perma-grin going. You feel it and the engine takes on a different sound. Way cool.

Shifting at 6300 and am seeing a 12.ish afr lean spike after the shift and the additional load of the higher gear. Still a little room in the injectors to step up gas fueling. As long as nothing fails I feel SAFE with a 50 shot.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow the results from a 50 shot are great. I've been thinking about doing a nitrous kit myself but haven't acted on it. You sure do make it tempting! I still can't belive that your guy's trucks will shift out of 4wd on a pass. I tryed it on mine the other night at the track and it won't come out for sure.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you spraying out of the hole?

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cyazo6, I've read in the past that some trucks for some reason don't like to come out of 4wd. Honestly, I'd like to see proof how much it helps. I bet it's not a alot.

Stampede4ever, I believe he is hitting the button out of the hole...he has to be to be getting a 12.1. LOL I think he mentioned his 60' is still the same. (as so is mine)
Old 07-07-2007, 09:47 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cyazo6, I've read in the past that some trucks for some reason don't like to come out of 4wd. Honestly, I'd like to see proof how much it helps. I bet it's not a alot.

Stampede4ever, I believe he is hitting the button out of the hole...he has to be to be getting a 12.1. LOL I think he mentioned his 60' is still the same. (as so is mine)
Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason but some will some don't come out of 4wd, and I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference either. My 60's are the same too
Old 07-07-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stampede4ever
Are you spraying out of the hole?

Thanks.
I did eventually... well as best I could with a hand switch trying to time it with full throttle. First couple passes on the spray I only sprayed it from 2nd gear on.

Last edited by KySilverado; 07-07-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have been averaging 1.75 60's on my good air runs with the PI converter. Last night in the heat and stock converter I was seeing 1.85 - 1.9 60's. The couple times I sprayed out of the hole I got back down to 1.7 so spraying out of the hold improved the 60'. I fully expect to see some 1.6 times in good air, spray and the PI back in.

Last edited by KySilverado; 07-07-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've done comparison passes full 1/4 in 4wd and shifting out after the 1-2 shift. I saw a .2 difference. I also get a bit of vibration when I run the full length in 4wd.

Quick Reply: Track tonight with some spray