Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Track tonight with some spray

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KySilverado
I've done comparison passes full 1/4 in 4wd and shifting out after the 1-2 shift. I saw a .2 difference. I also get a bit of vibration when I run the full length in 4wd.
WOW!!! I would never expect that. I wish I could get in enough runs to experiment with **** like that. Good to know.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done comparison passes full 1/4 in 4wd and shifting out after the 1-2 shift. I saw a .2 difference. I also get a bit of vibration when I run the full length in 4wd.
Thats nice, .2! I wish I knew what I could do to make mine shift out of 4x4. I currently run consistant 12.6's a best of a 12.5. I just added the methonal kit this week and haven't been to the track yet because I want to get it tuned for it first. I don't know how much it will help. Do you think a 100 shot would shave a second of my e.t.? Rex said he though I could do a 150 shot but to start small. If I could shave a second of my e.t. with a 100 shot thats as high as I'd go. Well I think anyway because I'd get kicked of the track for no roll cage and I don't plan on trying to cage a CC.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cyazo6
Thats nice, .2! I wish I knew what I could do to make mine shift out of 4x4. I currently run consistant 12.6's a best of a 12.5. I just added the methonal kit this week and haven't been to the track yet because I want to get it tuned for it first. I don't know how much it will help. Do you think a 100 shot would shave a second of my e.t.? Rex said he though I could do a 150 shot but to start small. If I could shave a second of my e.t. with a 100 shot thats as high as I'd go. Well I think anyway because I'd get kicked of the track for no roll cage and I don't plan on trying to cage a CC.
Wow that is a serious plan. Wish I had a forged motor to even consider such.

I've though about how much I actually picked up with the 50 shot. There are 2 things different from my last runs that make it hard to compare. Bad air last night and the stock converter. My best guess is I picked up .3 to .4 on the gas and thinking that I might make an 11.8 or 11.9 in some good air.

Now completely guessing.... I don't think a 100 shot would pull you down a full second. 1) A 50 only got me .3 to .4 double that and you'd be .6 to .8. 2) With a 100 shot I know I would be testing traction limits of even 4wd so I think traction would become an issue.

This is all net racing. Do it and see.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya I've going back and forth with a 100 shot or a bigger blower. If I do nitrous I would only spray 2nd and 3rd gear. Hopeing with that I wouldn't have traction issues.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:59 PM
FormerVendor

Great results here with a 50 shot. That's movin' a lot of weight in short time

Originally Posted by cyazo6
Ya I've going back and forth with a 100 shot or a bigger blower. If I do nitrous I would only spray 2nd and 3rd gear. Hopeing with that I wouldn't have traction issues.
The larger juice unit will produce some better track times as long as traction is available while the larger blower will produce much more street fun. Upgrade to the larger blower.

IMO both of your trucks are very impressive guys.

Richard
Old 07-07-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just don't try to turn off the track fast if you're still in 4 HI! I did that once, and almost **** myself when it wouldn't turn! The front wheels just wanted to skid forward
Old 07-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DOH! a forged motor from rex....150 shot baby!!!!

F that traction ****, parish ran the stockers into the 10's right? Granted he kept 4wd all the way I believe.

I want a heated bottle on the 50 and 75 before I'd get enough nuts to goto a 100. Just to compare. On a cold bottle, the 100 is all I think I would really want to push my little stocker to. On a heated bottle, I'd probably not go pass the 75. I pulled the 12.0 with nitrous shutting off on the 2/3 shift due to being to lean (13:1) and then it came back on at the end of the run. I know it will pull a 11.8 with good air and a strong (heated 75 shot and good bottle) nitrous run the whole way.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wkdivr
Just don't try to turn off the track fast if you're still in 4 HI! I did that once, and almost **** myself when it wouldn't turn! The front wheels just wanted to skid forward
I guess I made it sound like I did some formal test of it and I have done it on purpose but most of the time its just me FORGETTING to push the button. Did it at least 2 time the other night.

Big long runout at the track I go to, plenty of time to get it slowed down but I can see taking a turn at speed all locked up making the ******* pucker.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
Great results here with a 50 shot. That's movin' a lot of weight in short time

The larger juice unit will produce some better track times as long as traction is available while the larger blower will produce much more street fun. Upgrade to the larger blower.

IMO both of your trucks are very impressive guys.

Richard
Thanks for the kind words Richard. I'm with you about a bigger blower being the best solution but I also like the idea of a second power adder for the cost. I'm well beyond my original power goals for the street. Now I'm just playing with the occasional track days.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
DOH! a forged motor from rex....150 shot baby!!!!

F that traction ****, parish ran the stockers into the 10's right? Granted he kept 4wd all the way I believe.

I want a heated bottle on the 50 and 75 before I'd get enough nuts to goto a 100. Just to compare. On a cold bottle, the 100 is all I think I would really want to push my little stocker to. On a heated bottle, I'd probably not go pass the 75. I pulled the 12.0 with nitrous shutting off on the 2/3 shift due to being to lean (13:1) and then it came back on at the end of the run. I know it will pull a 11.8 with good air and a strong (heated 75 shot and good bottle) nitrous run the whole way.
Yah, I see a pressure regulated bottle heater being a must. Keep thing consistent. I see playing at the 50 level for a long time... upgrade my fueling maybe and going 75 max.

Quick Reply: Track tonight with some spray