Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Very disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

God..i bet those axles are not cheap...
Old 07-29-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

I dont know. I guess il find out when they break
Old 08-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Launching!

You definitely need to get a live tune on that cam. And for your traction issue, how many lbs are you running in the tires? Maybe try to let some pressure out.

Hopefully I'll be ready for Sept. too haha. Will be running a new setup this fall so we'll see how she runs.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

running 20 pounds in the stocks. im gonna get a 3600 and bump the shifts up to around 6400 cause there at 56-5700 right now and see what she does and go from there. If you know anyone interested int this converter i have now its for sell so spread the word around camden.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would go with a yank 3400 truck convert then maybe a little less duration and a little more lift on a 113+3 cam and i bet u'll c a big difference.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't get mad what ever ya do it takes time and alot of figuring things out.
what is ur timing at on take off?
what does it go to after you r rolling?
where r u shifting at is it to high r not high enough?
what r u crossing at (rpm)?
where r u stalling to to take off?

u need to step back a look at it all over a like said before pen and paper is ur friend with this hobby write everything down temps.,launch rpm's,shift points,timing,tire size and pressure.
then make some changes to timing and shift points and go at it again.can't give up then it wins.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

yeah the cam might be a little big for such a heavy truck. but im gonna start with a converter and up the shifts and see where that gets me. but if im still not happy with it i will go with either the FTI rebel-tq or hellfire-tq. il definitely take a pen and paper with me next time i go to the track and get some information. instead of just looking at the timeslip and getting pissed lol
Old 08-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KDavis04ss
running 20 pounds in the stocks. im gonna get a 3600 and bump the shifts up to around 6400 cause there at 56-5700 right now and see what she does and go from there. If you know anyone interested int this converter i have now its for sell so spread the word around camden.
Raising the shift points should help out and the 3600 will be nasty. However I know someone who has a 3600 in his dd and doesn't like it that much but I think it's mainly because his exhaust is so loud.. just food for thought. Either way your truck should be moving when you get it tweaked out. I'll spread the word around camden about your converter and if you don't mind spread the word that there's a turbo kit going to be for sale real soon in camden.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm just curious, but why would you change converters before even figuring out your current problem. Unless I'm missing it, have you really went through and checked the tune over? That converter should be plenty for what you're trying to do with it. Would a 3600 be better, yes, but what you have is enough. I'm betting you have a lack of timing and an afr problem that is way off. From 3000rpm on up your 228r with a 111LSA should be making more torque all the way through. If you managed to pull the same 60', everything from there on out should have been better if you were in fact making alot more power as you should be.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zippy
I'm just curious, but why would you change converters before even figuring out your current problem. Unless I'm missing it, have you really went through and checked the tune over? That converter should be plenty for what you're trying to do with it. Would a 3600 be better, yes, but what you have is enough. I'm betting you have a lack of timing and an afr problem that is way off. From 3000rpm on up your 228r with a 111LSA should be making more torque all the way through. If you managed to pull the same 60', everything from there on out should have been better if you were in fact making alot more power as you should be.
its running 28 degrees of timing and 11.9-12.0 a/f If i remember correctly which i know could be a little better but dont have the software or time to get the perfect tune out of it. i know it takes time get it right but with what i have now it should of at LEAST picked up one tenth. i understand what your saying about pulling the same 60s so i should be running better times since im definitely not loosing any out of the hole. im not saying the converter is all of my problems at all. maybe one day il be able to get a good live tune.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed