Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Went to Coastal Plains Dragway today

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to Coastal Plains Dragway today

So I entered the car show. Some of the goofyest looking cars won. Anyways my check engine light came on after about 2 passes. I took it to get the code read, it says that bank 1 and 2 rear o2 sensors have low voltage. What does this mean? I have to figure this out before the end of the month when my inpections due, or the state will fine me $250. It was 96* out, my best run was a slow 14.7 at 93.72mph. I felt like I was spinning off the line aswell. The guy that owns the lightning that beat me in the video was talking **** to me. I just laughed when he told me he was running like 14 pounds of boost and he was in the mid 13's. Would the heat really effect it that much.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never seen your truck there... have you been in NC a while? I just left in March.

Is CPD's timeslip machine messing up? Looks like your pass was from April?
Old 06-15-2008, 02:01 AM
SPAM HUNTER

Poor cat efficiency i think. Also you could just have them turned off, I had kyle do it when he tuned my truck after the swap. I believe they do a visual inspection, then check for active and inactive codes. So if you have the rears turned off and you have no other codes you should pass. Just my .02 cents, Also your truck looks nice, you engine bay looks freaking perfect from what i could tell. Its funny how guys with lightnings talk ****, they have blowers and bigger motors, they should be faster, but in alot of cases they arent.

Dustin
Old 06-15-2008, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
I've never seen your truck there... have you been in NC a while? I just left in March.

Is CPD's timeslip machine messing up? Looks like your pass was from April?
Yea I've been here since October of 04. It must have been messed up, I didn't even notice untill you just pointed it out. I just dropped my truck and added the roll pan and SS bumper. I emailed you when you were at Sgt course.
Rob

Originally Posted by 2005 Silverado
Poor cat efficiency i think. Also you could just have them turned off, I had kyle do it when he tuned my truck after the swap. I believe they do a visual inspection, then check for active and inactive codes. So if you have the rears turned off and you have no other codes you should pass. Just my .02 cents, Also your truck looks nice, you engine bay looks freaking perfect from what i could tell. Its funny how guys with lightnings talk ****, they have blowers and bigger motors, they should be faster, but in alot of cases they arent.

Dustin
So if they are turned off it will still throw a code? Charlie Wheatley has been doing my tuning, I told him I wanted to keep all 4 o2's and to tune for them. Last year he sent me a couple different tunes that wouldn't turn the check engine light off so maybee on the last one he sent he turned them off.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would just leave the O2's alone, there isn't a reason with your mods to not use them all 4. Your truck looks great. One suggestion would be to put the Silverado SS tailgate spoiler piece on there. Not picking at your truck, just commenting. I really like the smooth red look you have there. Not a bad time for your truck either in that heat assuming you don't have many mods.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silverad04
Yea I've been here since October of 04. It must have been messed up, I didn't even notice untill you just pointed it out. I just dropped my truck and added the roll pan and SS bumper. I emailed you when you were at Sgt course.
Rob
Ooooooh, now I remember... my bad man. Did you ever decide on doing the cam install? I knwo of a local forum there that has some good guys as members and help each other out with mods quite often. I'll PM you a link
Old 06-17-2008, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zippy
i would just leave the O2's alone, there isn't a reason with your mods to not use them all 4. Your truck looks great. One suggestion would be to put the Silverado SS tailgate spoiler piece on there. Not picking at your truck, just commenting. I really like the smooth red look you have there. Not a bad time for your truck either in that heat assuming you don't have many mods.
That's with all the mods I have listed in my sig!!! Crappy I think?

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
Ooooooh, now I remember... my bad man. Did you ever decide on doing the cam install? I knwo of a local forum there that has some good guys as members and help each other out with mods quite often. I'll PM you a link
Yeah, hows life out there in Cali? I wish I would have got stationed out there, I'm not re-enlisting. Once I'm done with my 5 year contract next June I'm out. I decided to do the drop and paint my hood, bumper, and roll pan first, but I'm leaning torwards the gt 2-3 cam now because I want to go with the radix not too far down the road. The stupid thing is I have had this tune from wheatley for over a year and put at leist 5k miles on it and it's just now throwing the rear o2 sensor codes? I don't get it.

Rob